• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My market report not in new ospg

90 posts in this topic

The market reports are outstanding--the best ever. I've barely dipped into it but Jeff Rader, Foolkiller, and Jamie from SoCal did a great job.

That's a heck of a compliment, Marc. You've made my day TWICE now. THANKS! :banana:

:gossip: Yours was actually my favorite. A killer freshman effort. (Of course you had practice from all those CBM reports back in the day.)

Waitaminnit, who is Offbeat?

Jeff Rader

The market reports are outstanding--the best ever. I've barely dipped into it but Jeff Rader, Foolkiller, and Jamie from SoCal did a great job.

That's a heck of a compliment, Marc. You've made my day TWICE now. THANKS! :banana:

:gossip: Yours was actually my favorite. A killer freshman effort. (Of course you had practice from all those CBM reports back in the day.)

Waitaminnit, who is Offbeat?

Yep, Marc and Ciorac got it. Jeff Rader. I wrote the market report (except for two or three sentences) for Paperpeddler Rare and Esoteric Books but am no longer affiliated with them. I'm back to my old gig as Offbeat-Archives. :whee:

Gotcha, I remember the name from the old CBM days. Glad to know ya!

I also remember the name. Low post count but lots of cattle. Glad you are here

Jeff.

Thanks a lot, Dave! (thumbs u

I have that curse that where I so much as look at a thread too long I kill it so after 4 years my count is beyond dismal. I lurk, and read as much as I can though, and I have always enjoyed your posts. I chat with a bunch of the boardies via PM but maybe it's about time I start to try to get that number up, huh?

Gotcha, I remember the name from the old CBM days. Glad to know ya!

I also remember the name. Low post count but lots of cattle. Glad you are here

Jeff.

Thanks a lot, Dave! (thumbs u

I have that curse that where I so much as look at a thread too long I kill it so after 4 years my count is beyond dismal. I lurk, and read as much as I can though, and I have always enjoyed your posts. I chat with a bunch of the boardies via PM but maybe it's about time I start to try to get that number up, huh?

Pat C has started posting here a bit more. Don't be shy, you guys have tons

of information to share.

of information to share.

I have reams of notes on oddball stuff I need to get in order some day, but I'll take that as a cue to chime in more often. What is Pat's ID? I always loved reading his stuff. I wish Michelle Nolan was on here. When I was in the APA-I her submissions made her CBM Nolan's Notebook stuff look like Cliff's Notes.

of information to share.

I have reams of notes on oddball stuff I need to get in order some day, but I'll take that as a cue to chime in more often. What is Pat's ID? I always loved reading his stuff. I wish Michelle Nolan was on here. When I was in the APA-I her submissions made her CBM Nolan's Notebook stuff look like Cliff's Notes.

Off the top of my head its pcalhoun. Been posting a lot in bangzoom's wonderful thread along with theagenes, Mr Bedrock and a few of us who love the more offbeat historical stuff! But adamstrange and David Merryweather have also recently started threads about the early days of collecting.

I've also wondered why Michelle doesnt post here - her CBM articles were always so enlightening and have a way of sticking in the memory.

Perhaps Sulipia's report was so long there wasn't room for other reports :shrug:

HEY! (tsk) We need to know what is happening in the Archie and Jughead market!!

:jokealert:

:taptaptap:

A peace offering :foryou:

of information to share.

Off the top of my head its pcalhoun. Been posting a lot in bangzoom's wonderful thread along with theagenes, Mr Bedrock and a few of us who love the more offbeat historical stuff! But adamstrange and David Merryweather have also recently started threads about the early days of collecting.

I've also wondered why Michelle doesnt post here - her CBM articles were always so enlightening and have a way of sticking in the memory.

Correct, pcalhoun

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=9432

Yep, Marc and Ciorac got it. Jeff Rader. I wrote the market report (except for two or three sentences) for Paperpeddler Rare and Esoteric Books but am no longer affiliated with them. I'm back to my old gig as Offbeat-Archives. :whee:

Sorry to hear that. I was enjoying the paperpeddler auctions, then they just stopped. Yours was the most interesting report that I read.

Sorry to hear that. I was enjoying the paperpeddler auctions, then they just stopped. Yours was the most interesting report that I read.

Thanks a lot, GU! :banana: I enjoy studying, and writing about comics more than *almost* anything else. I recently got a small consignment, with more to come, so it has been fun getting Offbeat-Archives going again, slowly but surely. And next year's report will be under my own name. OCD really pays off in that I have to look through every book I get my hands on, and there is an abundance of stuff that is un-noted in the Guide. Lots of fun crazy stuff too that will never warrant being in the Guide but a blast to read.

My dilemma is that when I am going through comics I have a tendency to make notes on whatever is handy. I have piles of 3x5s, receipts, etc. all over that I need to get organized in some sort of database so I have it all on-hand. Mark Huesman was instrumental in edging me along on my report, and I have been sending him a lot more info since that was submitted but I'll post stuff on the boards too.

One cool example that has eluded being listed is Out of the Night #4. If you have a copy check out the 7-page story, Phantom Fliers, by Al Williamson. There is some nice Frazetta inking handiwork in there.

Thanks a lot, GU! :banana: I enjoy studying, and writing about comics more than *almost* anything else. I recently got a small consignment, with more to come, so it has been fun getting Offbeat-Archives going again, slowly but surely. And next year's report will be under my own name. OCD really pays off in that I have to look through every book I get my hands on, and there is an abundance of stuff that is un-noted in the Guide. Lots of fun crazy stuff too that will never warrant being in the Guide but a blast to read.

My dilemma is that when I am going through comics I have a tendency to make notes on whatever is handy. I have piles of 3x5s, receipts, etc. all over that I need to get organized in some sort of database so I have it all on-hand. Mark Huesman was instrumental in edging me along on my report, and I have been sending him a lot more info since that was submitted but I'll post stuff on the boards too.

One cool example that has eluded being listed is Out of the Night #4. If you have a copy check out the 7-page story, Phantom Fliers, by Al Williamson. There is some nice Frazetta inking handiwork in there.

Just make the notes on the comics, Jeff! :grin:

Perhaps Sulipia's report was so long there wasn't room for other reports :shrug:

HEY! (tsk) We need to know what is happening in the Archie and Jughead market!!

:jokealert:

:taptaptap:

A peace offering :foryou:

No problem. I'm used to the ridicule lol