• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I sent of my Walking Dead #1 to joeypost today for pressing...

509 posts in this topic

It's the first time I've ever shipped a comic book for anything.

I'm nervous just sending away $300 comic in the US Postal Service's "capable" hands. Previously shadroch was gracious enough to send me a couple old CGC slabs free of charge, and those came in handy because I used one to protect it. It's bagged, boarded, encased in the CGC holder and then it's in a rectangle cardboard box lightly stuffed with newspaper. It at least seems well protected to me.

So Joe's going to examine my comic and hopefully he can do some good work to it. After that it's going to be sent in to CGC.

I'll keep you posted as to the results, but so far I must say he was very helpful, he gave very quick responses to questions and his price was very reasonable.

:wishluck:

It's the first time I've ever shipped a comic book for anything.

I'm nervous just sending away $300 comic in the US Postal Service's "capable" hands.

I've shipped $8,000 in comics through the USPS in the last two weeks. You get used to it. ;)

You sent comics to Joey? I wouldn't worry about the Post Office.....

:jokealert:

In all seriousness, you'll be fine. Joey does great work and he actually gets a fast turnaround on books through CGC too.

Best of luck

Wow, it was so nice of you to start this thread for you and Joey.

My Shill I think he's just a nice guy learning the ropes, cut me him some slack.

I think he's a nice guy too.

I just sent Joe 30 GA books for pressing (1st time ever doing this) and 90% of them were pedigrees, over $3k worth. So I wouldn't worry.

:frustrated::makepoint:

Yay! Another noob restoring his comic books! :banana:

Is pressing restoration? I'd like some opinions on this matter.

Absolutely.

For decades it was classified as restoration and Overstreet clearly stated that fact.

That CGC 'can't detect it' doesn't change what it is.

I just sent Joe 30 GA books for pressing (1st time ever doing this) and 90% of them were pedigrees, over $3k worth. So I wouldn't worry.

:frustrated::makepoint:

don't worry, most likely they were already pressed before I bought them. Does it make me evil for doing it again?

Yay! Another noob restoring his comic books! :banana:

Is pressing restoration? I'd like some opinions on this matter.

Absolutely.

For decades it was classified as restoration and Overstreet clearly stated that fact.

That CGC 'can't detect it' doesn't change what it is.

If she doesn't catch you is it really cheating?