• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why do people pack so poorly??

36 posts in this topic

Is it really that difficult to foresee the possible damage that can occur through out the shipping process. Cheap envelopes aside, using boxes that are the same dimensions of the comic books, doesn't allow much room for error if someone decides to play football with your package :mad: To get pictures of books that look so good, only to have them ruined by not allowing enough room in the box for possible mishaps, is just annoying. If your in the business of selling, at least take the time to learn to pack. Okay, I'm done complaining :preach:

If someone wants to start a thread where we start outing all the krapppy packagers around here, have at it. They obviously aren't part of the community enough read some of these threads, to learn how important it is.

If someone wants to start a thread where we start outing all the krapppy packagers around here, have at it. They obviously aren't part of the community enough read some of these threads, to learn how important it is.
(thumbs u

Is it really that difficult to foresee the possible damage that can occur through out the shipping process. Cheap envelopes aside, using boxes that are the same dimensions of the comic books, doesn't allow much room for error if someone decides to play football with your package :mad: To get pictures of books that look so good, only to have them ruined by not allowing enough room in the box for possible mishaps, is just annoying. If your in the business of selling, at least take the time to learn to pack. Okay, I'm done complaining :preach:

doh! Boy, I feel your pain. Drives me crazy.

If I win auctions from a seller I don't know, especially for a larger lot of books, and especially from a non-comic seller (of antiques, etc), I usually send a message gently asking how the books will be packed and recommending sturdy boxes with ample padding. I've found the majority of sellers are pretty friendly and accommodating in response (and it's sometimes an early red flag if they're not).

Like most of the problems in the world, a little common sense would solve most of the them. Put enough pressure on the spine and it WILL crease. To think a USPS envelope will prevent this from happening is just plain whimsical.