• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No good deed goes unpunished.

25 posts in this topic

You can't please everyone. He mostly likely thought that instead of getting more marvel readers, he instead got cover-less DC. In his mind he was ripped off.

Did you ask him what type of series he prefers to read, so you could put a few in his order? Or was it a already set series(s)?

Yeah - some clown here dropped a VG copy of Green Lantern 7 in my last order as a freebie - who in the heck does stuff like that :shrug: I had to check with him to make sure it was a for real freebie, and not a mistake.

Man - what a great freebie it was, since I didn't have a copy :luhv:

Adding extra stuff often confuses people. They get worried that the order was wrong, etc.

It's usually worth adding a note saying that the extra stuff is free so that they understand right away what happened.

I'm happy to say nothing like this has ever happened to me. Some people think I mistakenly sent them someone else's books sometimes, but they are usually delighted when I let them know it is their's and free to keep. Usually folks are happy with free/extra stuff and realize that's what you sent them.

I won a Joe Louis #1 and a western comic from an ebayer. I knew they were low grade, but I didn't expect them to be that bad. The Joe Louis, because it's a relatively high dollar book, I bagged, boarded and priced. The western, I just threw in the trash.

But he knew they were bad and threw in two trades that were worth much more than I had paid for the two books. I gave him a positive but less than 100% for "description"; but I emailed him with a warning that all collectors might not appreciate his misinformation , and in the future, he might need to be more precise.

Somebody told me the customer was always right :baiting:

I was in my local PO today arguing with them about a lost package and while i was standing at the counter for 30 minutes while they searched for it, i saw this sheet of paper behind the desk that said in big, bold, underlined letters that " THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!!! unless their credit card doesnt have a signature on the back. If there is no signature on their credit card, two forms of identification is required."

So, apparently, the customer IS always right just so long as they sign the back of their CC (thumbs u

lol