• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego Reports

16 posts in this topic

Today was PREVIEW night..pretty much nothing.

:gossip: That's normally when all the large deals go down, and when the pieces locked away for decades come out to play and go home in a new owner's collection.

Here's my pick up today. I've always loved this page. It's significant because it's the first page that Mike Mayhew did for his run on Vampi so subsequently is Vampirella 1, Page 1

I was able to actually pick it up cheaper than what I offered for it about a year ago and was really glad to even find it in person.

V1.1.jpg

Here's my pick up today. I've always loved this page. It's significant because it's the first page that Mike Mayhew did for his run on Vampi so subsequently is Vampirella 1, Page 1

I was able to actually pick it up cheaper than what I offered for it about a year ago and was really glad to even find it in person.

V1.1.jpg

That is a kick- piece of work! Congrats!

Some items I saw this year (biased by my interests):

1. Several Jones paintings at Allan Spiegel's booth - including the Rose which I should have bought 10+ years ago

2. A very nice and $$ 2X Kirby FF page with Surfer was marked sold and a splash to MM 4 from BWS (Mike T)

3. Two nice 2X Kirby/Everett pages from Thor 143 (Hans and Anthony)

4. Starlin Avengers Annual 7 cover (Bechara)

5. Mitch had a few nice items, including an excellent BW Swamp Thing and a Jones painting (sold)

6. Donelley's had a lots of covers with prices

7. The Totleben and Byrne page Albert had listed were gone

That's all I remember off the top of my head--overall, not a ton of new stuff but at these prices who needs a lot of choices!