• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Love #1 CGC 9.4 WP

23 posts in this topic

Gracias Jason. For what it's worth and thanks in large part to you, I have a kudos thread for any interested buyers... In any case, book will be shipped from the US and not Europe.

Thanks.

Was already PM that info. There are no sales to GPA for 2010 because www.getslabbed.com forgot to pass that info on even though I was told they would. I was the one who bought it at that price in 2010, when it had previously been sold on Heritage for $1,135.25 in 2009.

The Savannah copy sold at auction on Heritage and it has COW pages. The other copy sold on ebay. (an auction I bid on to see where it'd go) Besides the inferior page quality, it was a "gift grade" as I wouldn't even have paid 9.0 prices for it....I would have cracked the slab and used it as a reader copy.

Thanks.

Was already PM that info. There are no sales to GPA for 2010 because www.getslabbed.com forgot to pass that info on even though I was told they would. I was the one who bought it at that price in 2010, when it had previously been sold on Heritage for $1,135.25 in 2009.

The Savannah copy sold at auction on Heritage and it has COW pages. The other copy sold on ebay. (an auction I bid on to see where it'd go) Besides the inferior page quality, it was a "gift grade" as I wouldn't even have paid 9.0 prices for it....I would have cracked the slab and used it as a reader copy.

This is exactly why GPA serves primarily as a buyer's tool. Without PQ data, it is inherently biased towards the buyer. Without thorough analysis, the numbers are often misleading, and many top sales go unreported. That said, it's still a great tool to have and I am a huge fan of George and his staff's work.

This is a beautiful book! (worship) I especially like the tagline, "Tales of Love that could be yours!" :applause:

:takeit:

I'll PM you later.

Dr. Love

Thank you. Great buy on a tough book ! Congrats.

Thanks. This is simply an iconic cover, a timeless theme of heartbreak associated with this genre, beautifully lushly handled by Romita. As you can tell from my screen name, romance is my thing, and this book is a must have.

Great price on your part, Peter, much appreciated. I wish I could have seen the ebay 9.4 you referred to. Certainly the Savannah 9.4 is inferior to your copy, and not just in terms of PQ. There's a noticeable ding on the front right edge, but worse than that, it has a printing defect which I call "skid marks" running horizontally through the middle of the front cover. Just awful.

Your 9.6 is gorgeous, and with those white pages, should easily stand the test of time as supreme #1. I just cannot see a 9.8 copy of this book surfacing. The most shocking thing about the Savannah collection is its romance component - those runs in those grades, creamy they might be, will never be duplicated. The marketplace agrees - the prices realized for this genre are absolutely mind blowing.

Andy Schwartz aka Dr. Love

:takeit:

I'll PM you later.

Dr. Love

Thank you. Great buy on a tough book ! Congrats.

Thanks. This is simply an iconic cover, a timeless theme of heartbreak associated with this genre, beautifully lushly handled by Romita. As you can tell from my screen name, romance is my thing, and this book is a must have.

Andy Schwartz aka Dr. Love

Nice addition to any collection. The Silver Age romance/teen/humour books are so seldom seen in top condition that they take on a "glamour" all their own. Well done.

Andy, as I'm a very very picky collector, one critical look at the copy on ebay and I knew it wasn't truly a 9.4 (must've been one of those days where the CGC boys were particularly in a good mood)

The book looked like it had gone through SCS on both top and bottom right corners, plenty of spine stress (more than usual for a 9.4) and I can't recollect on PQ but I think it was OW.

I laughed when I copied the ebay scan and compared it to mine...how could 2 9.4s be world's apart (at least to my eyes)

If I ever manage an upgrade to a 9.8, I'll be listing my 9.6 (scan already posted) although bomber-bob will have first dibs on the book as promised. You actually beat him , literally to the punch, by a few minutes. He was reading up on the Amy Winehouse death thread over at General when you posted your :takeit:

Those are the breaks I guess. In any case, I was looking at the book again today before I ship it to Texas on Monday and it really is a beautiful copy and I'm pretty sure it can be pressed to a 9.6 ( hopefully not a 9.8 or else my copy will again be a second best)

Congrats to buyer and seller :applause:

Definitely a beautiful copy that I would have loved to have added to my 1st issues set but I'm trying to stay committed to finishing my Avengers run. Glad someone pocked it up becausey willpower was REALLY wavering on posting the :takeit:

[font:Comic Sans MS] Nice purchase (thumbs u

I would have loved to have been able to buy this book, but I still owe money for books that I bought over a month ago. :pullhair:

Congrats to the buyer and seller. You can add me to the list of potential buyers if you ever upgrade. :wishluck: [/font]