• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

did CATMAN Comics fall out of popularity?

61 posts in this topic

Those are shots from a collection I was invited to see a year or so ago and then I posted some pics of my visit, mainly in the Centaur thread IIRC. Oh, how I wish any of these books were for sale but the collector is not selling nor remotely interested in selling. :thumbsup:

# 15 is conspicuously absent from these shots ... so unless I didn't pull it out or it was not in the collection, re-affirming its toughness

When did this happen??

you must have missed a meeting lol ...this is a friend of scrooge's that has a KILLER collection...aman 25 and 26 are in it, I believe...I would love to see it in person :wishluck:

Those are shots from a collection I was invited to see a year or so ago and then I posted some pics of my visit, mainly in the Centaur thread IIRC. Oh, how I wish any of these books were for sale but the collector is not selling nor remotely interested in selling. :thumbsup:
should have refreshed first doh!

here's my 24

catman24.jpg

Cool, always loved this cover. I have a amateur restored copy of #24 that I paid quite a bit for, but it presents well and I'm happy to have it. They aren't exactly growing on trees.

I actually had more trouble finding a 23 and 24 than I did 15

2073685514_5ac9b683f0_z.jpg

and purchased this copy from Tom Gordon III.

:takeit:

That's actually my favorite cover of the run. As good as the LB Cole covers are, this one is just so far over the top. (thumbs u

28 is my favorite, it is the book that got me started on collecting catman's, but the only copy I have in my run that I need to upgrade from restored to unrestored is my 20, so I am searching...

my snipe bid failed to execute on a vg ish copy on ebay last month :frustrated:

That's actually my favorite cover of the run. As good as the LB Cole covers are, this one is just so far over the top. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

I heard from multiple catman collectors when I first started putting the run together that 15 was the toughest... xavier logan told me, I believe, that in 11 years of collecting catman, he had never seen a 15 for sale...

I managed 2 copies my first month, so felt very fortunate, and passed the second copy to boardie bodhee, but in the past few years, admittedly have never seen another for sale hm

Very close to accurate Rick.The only copy I had seen was the Church,and it went crazy in an auction.Then you happened on the scene and managed 2 copies of issue 15 in the same week.Which led me to believe that there is a conspiracy against me to complete the run...or I just need a much larger checkbook to smash people over the head with. lol

I heard from multiple catman collectors when I first started putting the run together that 15 was the toughest... xavier logan told me, I believe, that in 11 years of collecting catman, he had never seen a 15 for sale...

I managed 2 copies my first month, so felt very fortunate, and passed the second copy to boardie bodhee, but in the past few years, admittedly have never seen another for sale hm

Very close to accurate Rick.The only copy I had seen was the Church,and it went crazy in an auction.Then you happened on the scene and managed 2 copies of issue 15 in the same week.Which led me to believe that there is a conspiracy against me to complete the run...or I just need a much larger checkbook to smash people over the head with. lol

I was in the right place at the right time lol

I agree with you TK. Always been my favorite of the run too.I searched quite a while to find a nice unrestored copy.I have a feeling that collectors probably hang on to this one more than others issues and that's why it's so tough to locate.

catman20.jpg

I agree with you TK. Always been my favorite of the run too.I searched quite a while to find a nice unrestored copy.I have a feeling that collectors probably hang on to this one more than others issues and that's why it's so tough to locate.

catman20.jpg

:takeit: and a certain other book too :baiting: