• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crappy Dealers on EBAY Part 2 - Unbelievable!!!

69 posts in this topic

why is it whenever the thread turns to the Calamerica/Deathlok saga the thread gets locked? Yet when others have the same rants nothing happens?

Hmmm...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think it has something to do with Aquaman trivia.... gossip.gif

OMG...was that fun or what? Now...where did I put those questions?

why is it whenever the thread turns to the Calamerica/Deathlok saga the thread gets locked? Yet when others have the same rants nothing happens?

893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

hey i found darkhawk trivia questions. nah too easy....still looking. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't know, but here is an interesting statistic relating to one of the participants...... nearly 20% of all his posts are now contained in locked threads. Quite a trail of mayhem if you ask me.

And now the countdown...........10.......9......... 27_laughing.gif

I don't know, but here is an interesting statistic relating to one of the participants...... nearly 20% of all his posts are now contained in locked threads. Quite a trail of mayhem if you ask me.

And now the countdown...........10.......9......... 27_laughing.gif

seems like the perfect time for a picture or some kind......

Sorry but this is not correct information -

Lets say you are a dealer. You go to a show in Philly and ship your books there. After the show, you ship them back. You generally arrive back home before your books get there from UPS ground service. Now, are those your books or not? Are they available to sell or not?

Uhm.. No. They're not available for sale if you want to keep a pristine eBay Feedback rating. What if they got lost in the mail?

I've had stuff shipped via UPS to Canada which haven't made it to their destination. What's to prevent your shipment from "disappearing?"

The point was to have your books in hand before selling them on eBay.

A similar analogy would be for your LCS to pre-sell you an expensive comic they currently don't have in their possession.

(Whoops.. sorry.. replying to an apparently old(er) post.)

sign-rantpost.gifAgain with the pre-sell issue. The most notorious example of this is ebay user Markfgc out of NY, this guy orders a ton from Diamond to get the best possible discount (56%+) and starts preselling 30-90 days out. Further, he routinely lists misleading information in his auction title to skew the views on specific items, (Putting Batman 608 in an auction description for 618 for example) which has gotten him dozens of listings kicked off by ebay on a daily basis and terrible acrimony within the online buying community in general but he still DOES IT. Its a combination of these factors that the upcoming site will address.

No one likes this. I am not against pre-selling per se but in Jeff's case he didn't have the books in hand, and nowhere in the auction was this referenced. I ordererd the books for a mail order customer who's first lot was damaged and that order was cancelled after the first 14 days went by and this guy still didn't have his replacement books. If you don't have the books in hand, you better tell the bidders so in your listings. Its not enough just to say its a pre-sell, you should make it clear "this item is not in stock and scheduled to be here ON THIS DATE and will be shipped in turn to you ON THIS DATE." Why does no one do this? makepoint.gif

I think suggested PRE-SELL guidelines would also make a good section to this new pending site, what do you think?

I think you have a great point. As I am just trying to figure out whetehr or not to ofer pre-sells, all information and feedback is appreciated. So far, I think I have run 5-6 pre-sell items and I always include the scheduled release date in the auction listing and the description clearly states that this is a pre-sell. Maybe I'll just offer the service on my website in a special pre-sell section.

Anyway, here is the latest info on your package:

Track & Confirm

Shipment Details

You entered ER91 6653 565U S

Your item was processed and left our SAN DIEGO, CA facility on April 24, 2004.

Just as an FYI, this is the link to one of my pre-sell auctions

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2235092217

What do you think of the disclosure? Does this meet the criteria for full disclosure?

Okay, looks good, but I do have a couple of questions.....

Say I am a newer-inexperienced buyer on ebay. I look at your auction. When it says release date of April 7, I could read that as saying you have pre-release copies you are selling. That's a possible interpretation.

Also, are release dates pretty good to go by, or do they often slip to later dates?

To push the issue of full disclosure, and also to cover yourself from any misunderstanding between you and customer, you might consider adding a line......estimated shipping date from you.

Just some thoughts.

Per my previous posts and promises to Fantastic Realm in this board I am now acknowledging to ALL BOARD MEMBERS that these in-dispute auction items DID ARRIVE THIS MORNING IN SAN DIEGO. Further, Jeff in this case, made a sincere effort to rectify the problem by including in the shipment two free currently hot comics (which I greatly appreciated).

To that end I have done the following to bring this sorry chapter to a close: thumbsup2.gif

>>>>I have cancelled my Non-Delivery Claim with PayPal

>>>>I have left POSITIVE FEEDBACK for Jeff which you can View Here!

>>>>I have emailed Jeff and told him his company will be listed FAVORABLY on the new website rating the online comic industry which will be launched in May

>>>>Turned down Jeff's other generous offer of a 50% refund of these now in my possession issues.

>>>>Finally, I have freed up my schedule for next week so I can start the long trek to Maryland from here in San Diego to shake Jeff's hand in person per my previous posts if these items did not arrive within 5 days.

Thanks Jeff for getting these issues to me (even if it did take 30 days). You get 893applaud-thumb.gif for your obvious effort.

>>>>Finally, I have freed up my schedule for next week so I can start the long trek to Maryland from here in San Diego to shake Jeff's hand in person per my previous posts if these items did not arrive within 5 days.

Thanks Jeff for getting these issues to me (even if it did take 30 days). You get 893applaud-thumb.gif for your obvious effort.

Are you flying or driving cross-country to Maryland to shake someone's hand?

Is there going to be a shakedown? 27_laughing.gif

Casey -

Thanks for holding up your end. Since you declined the refund, I'll let you off the hook on the cross-country drive. I'll see you in San Diego at teh Con and we can shake hands there. Positive feedback to be left in a moment.

Best regards,

Jeff

Fantastic Realm

Hmmm......

No other Threads have ever been locked before? Just the Cal/Death past( I hope) history? No other Threads have been locked or even completely removed since?

CAL