• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Sightings (the good, the bad, the ugly; for a few $$$ more)...

57 posts in this topic

Great haul! (thumbs u Looks like you had a good con.

Thanks, guys! Yes, probably too good, ...here are the other two Timely grail books:

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

...and yes, I did manage to negotiate the price down a little bit on the 21. :gossip:

And speaking of metropolis, here's Frank, Metro's super soldier on a mission to convert collectors in a Timely fashion...

IMG_0258.jpg

:gossip: and Steve Borock on the left

hm You do realize that your observation suggests a possible consignor candidate for the Super Soldier Collection. :o

Food for thought! :devil:

Great haul! (thumbs u Looks like you had a good con.

Thanks, guys! Yes, probably too good, ...here are the other two Timely grail books:

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

...and yes, I did manage to negotiate the price down a little bit on the 21. :gossip:

Wow you really threw down a chunk of change in San Diego. Two awesome books!

The All-winners really rock, great great buy, esp 21, do forget to get the Fantasy Masterpieces also.

Thanks for the suggestion, Mitch; I'll certainly look into picking up a nice reading copy of FM #10 (reproducing AW #19) and maybe another in grade.

While I'm at it I'd like to thank you again for the generosity and hospitality that my wife and I received during our visit over the weekend.

As the San Diego leg of our journey winds down here are a few more shots from SDCC and it's aftermath...

Roy and I in front of the Vintage booth (not the most photogenic shot of yours truly, but then again I'm standing next to a lean and hungry dealer on his first outing who was eyeing each passing collector as a possible menu item)...

IMAG0008.jpg

A better shot of yours truly taking in some rays and a nice Red Trolly Ale in the Marriott court next to the bay...

IMAG0029.jpg

Finally, a shot of my wife, Rachel Caine at her book signing after the SDCC Immortality panel. Oh, and a shameless plug for her new Revivalist series, the first book titled Working Stiff hits the bookshelves tomorrow (Tues.)...

IMG_0250.jpg

All the best ... :foryou:

Follow-up. Sorry that I couldn't make Chicago this time around. If I could've been there I probably would've upped my comic geek cred (frequent con-goer mileage), but I promise to do better.

Still traveling, today my wife and I are in Vancouver on our way to Calgary tomorrow for When Words Collide (literary SF con).

Last night we supped at the Goldfish restaurant with Felicia Day who is here for filming this week. In one sense that makes this an extension of SDCC since Felicia was there promoting the Guild (it was too busy in San Diego for any food/party rendezvous).

Anyway, here is one of the photos from last night's dinner engagement...

Cat_felicia_cropped.jpg

PS: This photo is an acknowledgement of the fan-boy in all of us. :cloud9:

Follow-up. Sorry that I couldn't make Chicago this time around. If I could've been there I probably would've upped my comic geek cred (frequent con-goer mileage), but I promise to do better.

Still traveling, today my wife an I are in Vancouver on our way to Calgary tomorrow for When Words Collide (literary SF con).

Last night we supped at the Goldfish restaurant with Felicia Dey who is here for filming this week. In one sense that makes this an extension of SDCC since Felicia was there promoting the Guild (it was too busy in San Diego for any food/party rendezvous).

Are you travelling by train to Calgary? One of the most senic rides you could ever take.

I've never heard of the Worlds Colide convention in Calgary but I've been out of that

scene for 25 years. I wonder if it came out of the old SF convention, Noncon, which we started up North in Edmonton and then loaned to Calgary.

Still traveling, today my wife an I are in Vancouver on our way to Calgary tomorrow for When Words Collide (literary SF con).

Last night we supped at the Goldfish restaurant with Felicia Dey who is here for filming this week. In one sense that makes this an extension of SDCC since Felicia was there promoting the Guild (it was too busy in San Diego for any food/party rendezvous).

Are you travelling by train to Calgary? One of the most senic rides you could ever take.

I've never heard of the Worlds Colide convention in Calgary but I've been out of that

scene for 25 years. I wonder if it came out of the old SF convention, Noncon, which we started up North in Edmonton and then loaned to Calgary.

It's When Words Collide (I love puns; this one is perfect for a literary SF con). This convention is relatively new as I understand it (second year, unless I'm mistaken), but that's a very good question, Torch; I'll ask someone on the con-committee while we're there. (thumbs u

Really looking forward to the scenic train trip; will take photos and share here. BTW, we're loving Canada. :cloud9:

It's When Words Collide (I love puns; this one is perfect for a literary SF con). This convention is relatively new as I understand it (second year, unless I'm mistaken), but that's a very good question, Torch; I'll ask someone on the con-committee while we're there. (thumbs u

Really looking forward to the scenic train trip; will take photos and share here. BTW, we're loving Canada. :cloud9:

Look forward to your photos. WTTC, Welcome to the country