• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Byrne SIGNATURES

95 posts in this topic

Okay Alex then e-mail him and ask him why he won't sign for CGC...

I actually don't need to. He has stated several times that he no longer does shows and will not sign books anymore. While that may change down the road, his position hasn't changed since his last show in 2004. It has nothing to do with CGC (or people selling them). He signed 120 books back then for Paradise Comics knowing full well what would be done with them.

You assume that his reasoning was other peoples' greed. It wasn't. I just asked if you had some sort of inside information.

My information came from someone within CGC several months back. This person started to rant names of artist who won't sign for CGC anymore because books ended up on e-bay after they were somehow promised, they wouldn't.

Byrne, being one of them.

this is what his rep emailed me about a year ago.

Subject: Re: john byrne commission

Date: July 20, 2010 2:14:56 PM EDT

To: Fred Hausen

"John Byrne is currently accepting commission requests, turn-around time is generally 8 weeks or less. John only accepts the ones he really wants to do as they are done when he has spare time and he only wants to do the ones he will truly enjoy working on."

"JB hates the idea of encapsulating books and does not want any association with CGC. "

My information came from someone within CGC several months back. This person started to rant names of artist who won't sign for CGC anymore because books ended up on e-bay after they were somehow promised, they wouldn't.

Byrne, being one of them.

and david mazzuchelli :ohnoez:

this is what his rep emailed me about a year ago.

Subject: Re: john byrne commission

Date: July 20, 2010 2:14:56 PM EDT

To: Fred Hausen

"John Byrne is currently accepting commission requests, turn-around time is generally 8 weeks or less. John only accepts the ones he really wants to do as they are done when he has spare time and he only wants to do the ones he will truly enjoy working on."

"JB hates the idea of encapsulating books and does not want any association with CGC. "

There's one reason.

Oh well, beating a dead issue here.

He signed 120 books back then for Paradise Comics knowing full well what would be done with them.

any hulks?

He did a signing with us in 2004 and we did 108 books (ironically the same number where he started on X-men). He actually offered to do the signing for free and I insisted on giving him something, so he asked us to make a donation to the Breast Cancer Foundation. I still talk with him yearly and invite him to our show or a store signing if he would like a vacation in Toronto. He always politely declines.He knew at the time they were for the CGC signature Series, granted his opinion may have changed since then.

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics