• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giant Size X-Men #1 CGC 7.0 OW OLD RED LABEL - FRAMED

9 posts in this topic

I am looking to sell this copy of Giant Size X-Men #1 with one of the original red labels: book is a universal 7.0 with OFF-WHITE PAGES, certification #0002026001.

This book was part of a large collection purchase and I had every intention of breaking it out of the frame to re-sub, but it's been about 3 months now and I don't have the heart to do it, hopefully someone else will. I'm told this is between a $150 to $200 framing job (I have no idea if it's true, but it does look very nice). I've taken close ups of the book and particulars on the frame that will hopefully cover any questions.

Asking $400 which will include postage, delivery tracking and full insurance for all U.S. buyers, it will cost a little extra it you're oversees to offset the ridiculous cost of international shipping ($20 to $30 depending on where you are). Unless a buyer has another preference it will most likely ship via UPS so it fits in a box large enough to protect it without chewing up too much of the purchase price.

Payment can be made via cashiers check, money order or cash (if you are local to the California Bay Area and would like to pick up in person). Sorry but no PayPal and no time payments can be accepted.

First :takeit: nabs it. Questions via PM or this thread are welcome, thanks for looking.

GSXM001.jpg

GSXM003.jpg

GSXM002.jpg

GSXM004.jpg

GSXM005.jpg

GSXM006.jpg

Thanks all.

I suppose it doesn't have to be cracked out if someone buys it, that is just my default thinking since most people seem to make such a big deal about how tough they graded the old label books. Most everyone I've ever met that owns one or wanted one has the intent of cracking and re-submitting in hopes of a higher grade.

It really is a beautiful frame job and a stellar looking example of a square-bound book. If I owned my own home with a security system I'd proably keep and hang it up, but in these days of apartment living I'm a little more paranoid about leaving nicer valuables in plain sight.

That UV glass will make it ok to hang without the worry of fade. It will brand you a goon tho to anyone who visits. :)

Name notwithstanding, UV glass actually offers very little protection against fading from exposure to natural/direct light :shy: