• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MyComicShop July Auction

49 posts in this topic

I didn't bid on anything in this auction due to lack of funds but I did win a bunch of Silver Age auctions in the previous one.

Me too. Looks like this is a good step ahead for MCS. I'm very happy for them :applause:

Thanks, Liam! I was pleased with the July auction. We had 405 bidders participating, up from our previous high of 354, and prices were good. I'll post more analysis in a few days after all the auctions have been paid for.

Me too. Looks like this is a good step ahead for MCS. I'm very happy for them :applause:

Thanks, Liam! I was pleased with the July auction. We had 405 bidders participating, up from our previous high of 354, and prices were good. I'll post more analysis in a few days after all the auctions have been paid for.

(thumbs u I'm guessing you got my feedback? lol

I didn't even know you all had an auction doh!

Yep. We've been in the ad banner rotation for the past week both here and on the GPA site (and during previous monthly auctions), with an ad that says "Bid now! Auctions ending soon". But I know it can be pretty easy to mentally ignore banner ads. Now that the auction's over, that ad will be switching back to an ad for our consignment service in the next day or two.

We've done four monthly auctions now, April, May, June, July. Generally, about 20-25% of the auction books are our own, with the rest coming from consignors, covering everything from Golden Age to Modern. We've gone from 74 items and 173 bidders in April to 387 items and 405 bidders this month.

Yes I did. :)

If you're accepting feedback, please get rid of the 5 minute bid auto-extend deal. That's always been a terrible idea for online auctions.

If you're accepting feedback, please get rid of the 5 minute bid auto-extend deal. That's always been a terrible idea for online auctions.

Really? For what reasons? I'd love to hear your reasoning. hm If I'm not mistaken, this is a great way for MCS to maximize bidding potential.

Really? For what reasons? I'd love to hear your reasoning. hm If I'm not mistaken, this is a great way for MCS to maximize bidding potential.

For people who want to buy more than one book it stinks as you have to keep track of multiple auction endings rather than having them end consecutively in alpha/numerical order.