• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I sent of my Kickers Inc. #1 to joeypost today for pressing...

226 posts in this topic

(oooo, I'm SO gonna get flack for this...)

I realize that a lot of people have a lot of pent up anger about whatever it is in their lives, and I'm certainly happy to provide a cathartic outlet for them to release it.

Far better me, than the poor newbs who routinely get hounded into leaving around here because they don't conform to whatever the current group think is.

(thumbs u

Of course.

This is the place where anybody can say anything they want, to whomever they want, as snide as they want to be, with absolutely zero repercussions.

It SHOULD astonish me...but it doesn't...how many of these people magically develop manners in person, but here, have no problems throwing daggers at people they don't like, incessantly, instead of just leaving them alone.

It's fascinating and pathetic, all at the same time.

If it makes you feel any better, I would have no compunction about be a total to you in person if I felt so compelled. Also, I'm certainly not a saint, but from what I've seen you're one one the more combative members on here. That's all fine and well, but you might want to pause for a moment before you go around point fingers. 2c

Bring it on, internet tough guy.

lol

But, as with several things you can't comprehend, you also cannot comprehend the difference between REACTION...and PROVOCATION.

Big, major, fundamental difference.

(thumbs u

:eyeroll:

You are a demigod among us. (worship)

I'm beginning to think you don't collect comics. The sole reason you post on this forum is to cause altercations and demean others to make yourself seem as if you wield a superfluous amount of brilliance.

And I actually find some your posts amusing and quite humorous. :foryou:

But what's up with this egomaniac/attention whore act? You are like a omnipotent presence in every thread with something to argue about. We have as much to learn from you, as you do from us. Why act as if you are all the better?

2c

You take many things far, far more seriously than you should.

You really ought to be careful about saying "we" and "us", as if you are a board spokesman, and everyone agrees with you. You're not, and they don't.

Oh, I really don't actually. I think many people here have a far stronger opinion. As I said I, unlike many people, actually enjoy some of you posts. I just don't understand the hothead act?

But your right, I should have been more careful with my wording. doh!

Of course.

This is the place where anybody can say anything they want, to whomever they want, as snide as they want to be, with absolutely zero repercussions.

It SHOULD astonish me...but it doesn't...how many of these people magically develop manners in person, but here, have no problems throwing daggers at people they don't like, incessantly, instead of just leaving them alone.

It's fascinating and pathetic, all at the same time.

If it makes you feel any better, I would have no compunction about be a total to you in person if I felt so compelled. Also, I'm certainly not a saint, but from what I've seen you're one one the more combative members on here. That's all fine and well, but you might want to pause for a moment before you go around point fingers. 2c

Bring it on, internet tough guy.

lol

But, as with several things you can't comprehend, you also cannot comprehend the difference between REACTION...and PROVOCATION.

Big, major, fundamental difference.

(thumbs u

You are a demigod among us. (worship)

I'm beginning to think you don't collect comics. The sole reason you post on this forum is to cause altercations and demean others to make yourself seem as if you wield a superfluous amount of brilliance.

And I actually find some your posts amusing and quite humorous. :foryou:

But what's up with this egomaniac/attention whore act? You are like a omnipotent presence in every thread with something to argue about. We have as much to learn from you, as you do from us. Why act as if you are all the better?

2c

You take many things far, far more seriously than you should.

You really ought to be careful about saying "we" and "us", as if you are a board spokesman, and everyone agrees with you. You're not, and they don't.

Oh, I really don't actually. I think many people here have a far stronger opinion. As I said I, unlike many people, actually enjoy some of you posts. I just don't understand the hothead act?

But your right, I should have been more careful with my wording. doh!

How long did you lurk here before posting...? In other words, how much of this board have you experienced?

(as an aside, come off the "unlike many people" bit. Let them speak for themselves, and you speak for yourself. We're all individuals here, and cliques are stupid and dangerous.)

I just came back on after a few years. This is worse than WOW trade chat.

I'm in the same boat, where I just came back. The culture took me some getting used to, but it's growing on me.

The General section is an odd combination of mature intellectuals, clowns, and regular people acting like clowns but in a funny way. But the site as whole is filled with people who have a wealth of knowledge, and IMO forums are the most time efficient means of learning.

Stick around.

PS: The other sections are far more sane.

I have no horse in this race,and RMA I have mad respect for you.I think it's time to all calm down and chill,after all this is just a comic book forum.Where can this conversation go from here? (shrug)

RMA, listen. Take your guard down and take a deep breath.

Be honest with yourself. Do you think it's at least possible you bring at least some of this negative attention upon yourself?

When I first came here I certain brought some on myself. I didn't understand the culture and in retrospect I undoubtedly misread certain people's intentions.

Do yourself a favor and set your personal pride aside. Be brutal honest with yourself and at least consider the possibility that you might benefit from slight modifications of your interactions with others.

I'm not taking jabs at you here, I'm trying to reason with you.

I have no horse in this race,and RMA I have mad respect for you.I think it's time to all calm down and chill,after all this is just a comic book forum.Where can this conversation go from here? (shrug)

You never know. It seems that "this is water" may be honestly trying to have a conversation...I think every dialogue has the potential for positive outcomes.

I'll say this...some of the most knock-down, dragoutiest fights on this board have resulted in some TREMENDOUSLY positive outcomes...not between the opponents, but certainly with others. Hell, sometimes even between the opponents.

Call me crazy. Or Roy. Either one.

RMA, listen. Take your guard down and take a deep breath.

Be honest with yourself. Do you think it's at least possible you bring at least some of this negative attention upon yourself?

When I first came here I certain brought some on myself. I didn't understand the culture and in retrospect I undoubtedly misread certain people's intentions.

Do yourself a favor and set your personal pride aside. Be brutal honest with yourself and at least consider the possibility that you might benefit from slight modifications of your interactions with others.

I'm not taking jabs at you here, I'm trying to reason with you.

Really, dude, get a grip.

Spend some time around here, get to know people, before jumping to your conclusions.

Or jump to them right away, knock yourself out.

But spare the therapy, huh? You're not qualified, and I am quite cool with who and what I am (which you know very little about.)

All you see is a caricature, partly from my comments, partly from your perception, and partly based on peer influence.

Get to know the real RMA before making such comments, huh? Or don't. Makes no difference to me.

You never know. It seems that "this is water" may be honestly trying to have a conversation...I think every dialogue has the potential for positive outcomes.

I'll say this...some of the most knock-down, dragoutiest fights on this board have resulted in some TREMENDOUSLY positive outcomes...not between the opponents, but certainly with others. Hell, sometimes even between the opponents.

Now you've done it.

Now you've done it.

:eek:

Relax, sugar plum. I'm just kidding.

:foryou:

Off to walk the dogs and ponder my navel...

:cloud9: