• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is My Hulk 181 8.5 Because It is Off-Center?

24 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone, just got my very first hulk 181 and I was curious, for my own learning purposes, if the centering has anything to do with the grade of the book...

Also, how badly centered is my book, and do you think it will be harder to sell because of it? Should I look into a better-centered 8.5 or keep this one and enjoy it?

Thanks all

unled1qha.jpg

I know I am probably coming off as a nutcase, but would this comic (same grade, also with white pages) be more desirable as a collector because it doesnt have the white stripe on the spine and is pretty on-center? Only bad thing I can see with this one is on the top left corner there are a few lines in it...The Hulk 181 I got is my first cgc-graded book, so I want to make sure I made the right decision...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Incredible-Hulk-181-CGC-8-5-WHITE-PAGES-Wolverine-/300580814537?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fc033ec9#ht_500wt_1156

My guess is it's an 8.5 due to the defects in the upper right corner, not the centering.

cool, thanks for the response..like I said I am very new to this (the hulk 181 was a gift from my fiance)

Does the off-centering matter much in terms of how valuable the book is, or is an 8.5 an 8.5, etc

My guess is it's an 8.5 due to the defects in the upper right corner, not the centering.

cool, thanks for the response..like I said I am very new to this (the hulk 181 was a gift from my fiance)

Does the off-centering matter much in terms of how valuable the book is, or is an 8.5 an 8.5, etc

To some, it would matter. It's a matter of preference. It's a nice book reguardless of the centering.

If your wife or Girlfriend gave it to you,you should always keep it just for the specialness.She's showing you that she wants to be part of your life and what you love to do.It's not just a comic book it's something alot more special. :cloud9:

If your wife or Girlfriend gave it to you,you should always keep it just for the specialness.She's showing you that she wants to be part of your life and what you love to do.It's not just a comic book it's something alot more special. :cloud9:
Yep! (thumbs u IMO, she made a very nice choice with this book.

Oak's wisedom :cloud9:

I totally agree. It's a beautiful book with very special butterfly and lollipop feelings behind it. (thumbs u Don't worry about it. Make sure you keep both the fiance and the book. :banana:

this is even truer, thank you wise one ;)

Oak's wisedom :cloud9:

I totally agree. It's a beautiful book with very special butterfly and lollipop feelings behind it. (thumbs u Don't worry about it. Make sure you keep both the fiance and the book. :banana:

Oh, the fiance is a keeper, I think she proved it with this ;)