• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WonderCon moving to Anaheim in 2012?

50 posts in this topic

I love Wondercon- we have been exhibiting at this event whether it was in oakland or San Francisco for 17 years. And with the move to Anaheim, I'm confident that this will another first class event. Our retail company- JayCompanyComics.com- will be there for year 18. I like the idea of sleeping in my own bed, and have the ability to restock during the 3 day event...

And for those folks saddened by the Bay area switch, the Image Comic Expo will be coming to the Oakland Convention Center February 24-25-26. A really strong guest list that is growing each day since the announcement at the beginning of the week

Looking forward to seeing dealer info and guest stuff on the website (maybe it's started, I haven't checked for a day or two). Do you see this show as feeling more like APE or more like a mid-level show? I assume the latter but the press release made it sound more like the former.

I absolutely love the location and how you guys have stepped up in the WonderCon vacuum this year. It's a great idea and a great thing for NorCal fans.

Marc

I love Wondercon- we have been exhibiting at this event whether it was in oakland or San Francisco for 17 years. And with the move to Anaheim, I'm confident that this will another first class event. Our retail company- JayCompanyComics.com- will be there for year 18. I like the idea of sleeping in my own bed, and have the ability to restock during the 3 day event...

And for those folks saddened by the Bay area switch, the Image Comic Expo will be coming to the Oakland Convention Center February 24-25-26. A really strong guest list that is growing each day since the announcement at the beginning of the week

Marc-

The site is under construction for Image Comic Expo- it should be up and ready soon. I will keep these boards posted.

As for the guest list, it's looking a blockbuster event.

I'm a promoter, so it's my job to say that. But switching on my fan hat, there are a ton of creators that i really dig.

Here's what we got so far-

Robert Kirkman, Rob Liefeld, Erik Larsen, Todd McFarlane, Whilce Portacio, Marc Silvestri, and jim Valentino

Special Guests-

Joe Casey, Jay Faeber, Jonathan Hickman, Fiona Staples, Richard Starkings, and BK Vaughan.

More guests are being added daily.

As for the vibe of the show- i don't know if direct comparisons can be made to Wondercon, Ape, or a general regional show.

With the emphasis on Creator owned, there will be a strong Indy vibe to the event. WIth the void of Bay Area Comic Conventions in Q1 2012, an artist alley of established working talent is flocking to the event as well. And with the talent listed above, you have the best selling artists and writers of just about every mainstream franchise- from Spider-man to X-men, to everything in between.

More news coming soon on the Image Comic Expo, from programming to exhibitors, classes and more

Party at my place :whee:
I'll bring comics and beer.

The planetarium is nice. If you have kids, or, you like dinosaurs, there is a new exhibit at the LA Natural History Museum. It is well done.

I'll even buy jelly donuts for all the Canadians that are going. (thumbs u

I'll chip in! I'm sad I won't be able to visit Frisco but happy I can stay in my own bed

Just so long as you stay out of mine.

:sumo:

Party at my place :whee:
I'll bring comics and beer.

The planetarium is nice. If you have kids, or, you like dinosaurs, there is a new exhibit at the LA Natural History Museum. It is well done.

I'll even buy jelly donuts for all the Canadians that are going. (thumbs u

I'll chip in! I'm sad I won't be able to visit Frisco but happy I can stay in my own bed

Just so long as you stay out of mine.

:sumo:

Depends on the size of your bed...... ;)