• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your names

165 posts in this topic

I wish my boardie friends and acquaintances would use my name, nearly all of them call me "chrome" or "chrom" (shrug)

I call you both. I don't know why Chrome would bother you. It's a term of endearment.

If I know the person or am friendly with them I prefer to use their real name.

Odd side note: When I meet a boardie at a con, I introduce myself as Logan510 and then tell them my real name. Most of the time, people will do the same in return. A few times the other boardie has just told me their board name and not their real name. I'm not sure if I find that rude or just weird.

Casey

A few times the other boardie has just told me their board name and not their real name. I'm not sure if I find that rude or just weird.

I wouldn't call it rude or weird. It can be a matter of privacy or safety. It's hard sometimes to remember that other than a few sentences on a computer screen, you're essentially strangers.

Casey

I thought your name was Logan.

If I know the person or am friendly with them I prefer to use their real name.

Odd side note: When I meet a boardie at a con, I introduce myself as Logan510 and then tell them my real name. Most of the time, people will do the same in return. A few times the other boardie has just told me their board name and not their real name. I'm not sure if I find that rude or just weird.

Casey

If someone interacts with you and then doesn't say their name you should definitely be take it personally.

GA Collectibles

:baiting:

I usually call you "watson" ..... although I know your name is Jim.

Isn't it ???:shy:

Your bro was my secret santa one year...... I think you should come visit him sometime and go to Emerald Con :baiting:

Your bro was my secret santa one year...... I think you should come visit him sometime and go to Emerald Con :baiting:

I wish I remembered your name.

I was at Emerald City this year. :gossip:

I wish I remembered your name.

Mike. :gossip:

Many of the guys I've been talking to on here for years call me by my first name, and I do the same. It's fine, as long as you joined in 2008 or earlier. You gotta earn it, noobs.

I no longer wish to be a noob. How do I go about joining before 2008?

-Bryan :foryou:

I don't, because of a few reasons:

1. It creates confusion amongst other members, who may not know who you're talking to/about. Probably not a problem for many, but still exists.

2. It tends to be exclusionary for newbs (I know, I know, they should develop thicker skin), and even under the best intentions, makes people feel left out.

Both of these things are pros, especially #2.

hm

I've never thought of it that way.

Brilliant!

Many of the guys I've been talking to on here for years call me by my first name, and I do the same. It's fine, as long as you joined in 2008 or earlier. You gotta earn it, noobs.

I no longer wish to be a noob. How do I go about joining before 2008?

-Bryan :foryou:

See now, this...this is just comic genius right there.

:applause:

Please. That mutant sammich could take out a Tiger tank, a Panther, and a T-34 and not even work up a sweat.

Can a sandwich sweat...?

hm

Yes,it's called Mayo.

Yo mama SOOOOO fat, she sweats Crisco™

Snizzap.