• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow Comics #13 CGC 9.4 White Pages, Church Copy!

30 posts in this topic

thank goodness it isn't a raboy cover; i'd grab it, impecuniosity notwithstanding.

Word of the day! (thumbs u

That's the last straw that broke the camel's back!

:mad:

Mixed cliches.

(shrug)

The last straw is the final problem that makes someone lose their temper or the problem that finally brought about the collapse of something. It comes from an Arabic story, where a camel was loaded with straw until a single straw placed on the rest of the load broke its back.

Correct. So we now say either "the last straw" or "the straw that broke the camel's back". Saying "the last straw that broke the camel's back" mixes two cliches and is redundant. But that may be a Straw Man.

thank goodness it isn't a raboy cover; i'd grab it, impecuniosity notwithstanding.

Mixed cliches.

(shrug)

The last straw is the final problem that makes someone lose their temper or the problem that finally brought about the collapse of something. It comes from an Arabic story, where a camel was loaded with straw until a single straw placed on the rest of the load broke its back.

Correct. So we now say either "the last straw" or "the straw that broke the camel's back". Saying "the last straw that broke the camel's back" mixes two cliches and is redundant. But that may be a Straw Man.

Indeed :grin:

Mixed cliches.

(shrug)

Indeed :grin:

He's Canadian, maybe that's the way they do it up there........ :screwy:

Mixed cliches.

(shrug)

Most ancient languages are very literal. I was just being more literal than a lazy Texan would be.

:baiting:

:fear:

Mixed cliches.

(shrug)

and don't you effing forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of Canada, here's one of my favorite places on Earth...

harmonylake.jpg

Climbing that mountain would break the camel's back for sure.

What was this thread about?

harmonylake.jpg

It was about things that make you go "WOW".

harmonylake.jpg

It was about things that make you go "WOW".

:roflmao: