• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM BATMAN #13

14 posts in this topic

Spine has been completely taped and the cover reattached by some sewn method. The book might have come from a bound edition but I can't be sure. The colors are better than what this scan is showing. The black is midnight and the red is RED!

Jul2901.jpg

Jul2902.jpg

weird. i don't even know how to guess. purple 4.0? might be worth sending to a pro for a little resto since it's already been messed with?

Thanks Porky.

Not sure why no one else wants to take a stab at this? ???

weird. i don't even know how to guess. purple 4.0? might be worth sending to a pro for a little resto since it's already been messed with?

That's what I thought, as well. It's a great-looking copy, but for the spine. I would send it to a resto expert to see what they make of it. No idea what CGC would do with this.

As nice as the book looks... and it does look great... my guess is that CGC would be pretty unforgiving about the split covers, heavy tape and sewing. It also looks like there's at least a sliver of cover art on the left which is either obscured or missing. I'd guess blue label 1.5, with an outside chance of 1.8.

I'm thinking that because of the stitched reattachment that may be enough to throw it into the restored category and then you're looking at Apparent grades.

I'm leaning towards a 4.0 as well...

I am at loss on this one also. It sure presents nicer than the technical grade would be. Why does the tape at the top of the back cover not line up with anything and looks like it doesn't belong? Also hard to grade without seeing the pictures of the sewn together part. (Q) 1.8-2.0?