• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Been home a week, time for SDCC 2011 recap

89 posts in this topic

comic buyers are just getting squeezed out, as are the vendors...once again, I heard of a myriad of dealers NOT setting up next year or reducing their space

I really hate to hear that. :(

Rick, are you still ashamed that you did not bring a proper cooler for your Coke Zeroes?

I hope you will have rectified the situation by the time Chicago rolls around.

xoxo

greggy

Rick, are you still ashamed that you did not bring a proper cooler for your Coke Zeroes?

xoxo

greggy

Not setting up in Chicago lol

xoxo

greggy

:(

xoxo

greggy

Will you be in Chicago hanging around at another booth? Is Bedrock going to have a hang out booth like he did a few years ago?

Rick, how would you compare this year's sales to previous years?
from a dollar comparison standpoint, we did 50% less than any previous SDCC I have set up at...from a volume standpoint, we killed, due to all the "cheaper" raw books we sold...

I have opted in for next year already, but if sales continue to trend down (the con is NO longer a comic con, but a media event), it just won't be worth the expense to set up any longer, unless we break off the comics to a different/separate location, with separate sales of tix, etc....

comic buyers are just getting squeezed out, as are the vendors...once again, I heard of a myriad of dealers NOT setting up next year or reducing their space

I think there needs to be a replacement for SDCC in a nice warm weather venue that focuses on comics exclusively and promotes a family friendly atmosphere. Tampa is as good of a spot as any. hm

Rick, how would you compare this year's sales to previous years?
from a dollar comparison standpoint, we did 50% less than any previous SDCC I have set up at...from a volume standpoint, we killed, due to all the "cheaper" raw books we sold...

I have opted in for next year already, but if sales continue to trend down (the con is NO longer a comic con, but a media event), it just won't be worth the expense to set up any longer, unless we break off the comics to a different/separate location, with separate sales of tix, etc....

I think there needs to be a replacement for SDCC in a nice warm weather venue that focuses on comics exclusively and promotes a family friendly atmosphere. Tampa is as good of a spot as any. hm

Dallas works too! Nice and centrally located, not too terribly expensive to fly in or stay there.

Is Bedrock going to have a hang out booth like he did a few years ago?

Booth 1214 (thumbs u

it just won't be worth the expense to set up any longer, unless we break off the comics to a different/separate location, with separate sales of tix, etc....

I guess a separate convention could be held at the old convention center in SD, either concurrent to Comic-Con, or at another time. I wonder how many dealers that would attract, and I wonder what attendance would be like.