• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on graded FF 149

39 posts in this topic

I am not the person who submitted this to CGC, so I don't have a "before" scan. So the scan is of the comic already slabbed.

What do you think it was graded? I'd really appreciate your opinions on this one.

FF149_guess_gradefront.jpg

FF149_guess_gradeback.jpg

Thanks for the opinions so far. I'm just trying to get a grip on CGC grading before I attempt to send any of my books in.

As a side note, how do you think this FF 171 grade compares to the FF 149 grade? To me, they look similar (spine issues).

FF171_guess_gradefront.jpg

FF171_guess_gradeback.jpg

Added a BC scan of the FF171. That's not a stain above the kid's head (upper right)--just a little separation of the comic from the inner well.

I'll post the grades later this evening.

Here are the grades:

FF149grade.jpg

:(

FF171_grade.jpg

:o

I can understand the 8.5 on the FF149 because of the spine stress (although it looks very sharp otherwise), but I'm shocked that the FF171 is sitting in a 9.4 slab. The FF149 was the first slabbed comic I purchased. I was pleased with its appearance, so I thought I would take 8.5s like that any day. Unfortunately, it's really been hit or miss with the graded comics 9.0 or better that I've purchased.