• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question About Valuation hehe

48 posts in this topic

I have a Giant Size X-men 1 in a CGC 9.2 holder that I think might benefit from pressing. YES A PRESSING QUESTION! GET OVER IT! :makepoint:

It has been designated as having full WHITE pages on the label. My concern is if the pages are right on the line between being White and OW/W the color designation could get downgraded upon resubmission.

So let's say it goes from 9.2 White to 9.4 Off-White / White.... would that still be worth it? How much does having full white pages on a 1975 book affect market desirability?

I have a Giant Size X-men 1 in a CGC 9.2 holder that I think might benefit from pressing. YES A PRESSING QUESTION! GET OVER IT! :makepoint:

It has been designated as having full WHITE pages on the label. My concern is if the pages are right on the line between being White and OW/W the color designation could get downgraded upon resubmission.

So let's say it goes from 9.2 White to 9.4 Off-White / White.... would that still be worth it? How much does having full white pages on a 1975 book affect market desirability?

:popcorn:

I don't think this book will get a higher grade after a press.

+1

A press is not time machine or a magic wand. It gets rid of certain flaws. Nothing is going to get rid of that color break or that devil's hangnail bindery tear. Enjoy a great book.

Exactly! those flaws may even bring it down the other way to a 9.0.I'm not a fan of pressing,but from what I here you have to have a certain type of flaw that can be changed by the press.your book would not benefit from that.

Exactly! those flaws may even bring it down the other way to a 9.0.I'm not a fan of pressing,but from what I here you have to have a certain type of flaw that can be changed by the press.your book would not benefit from that.

+1

Even with a press, I'd be VERY worried about getting bumped down to a 9.0 with that book (thumbs u

Consider yourself lucky to have gotten that book graded 9.2,if it was raw I would say that's in the 8.0/8.5 area.Just sayin' 2c

I'd agree with at ding/split top corner how did it get a 9.2 doh!