• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albedo #2 jumps from $16 to $200 in new OS

39 posts in this topic

OS also says Albedo #3 is a sleeper book that will increase in years to come. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If that's what OS said then they are clueless. The real sleeper is #4.

#3 is the second appearance, but it's also quite common. 10,000 copies printed. It also doesn't have usagi on the front cover.

#4 has a usagi cover, is the 3rd app, and is much scarcer with only 3,000 copies printed if I recall correctly. I know which one I'd rather have. sumo.gif

Seriously though, Albedo #2 was one of the key books then and is one of the only B&W to stand the test of time. Some of the few others were TMNT #1 and Primer #2. None of the other hundreds (or thousands) of B&W's made it out of the decade.

Actually, Albedo 2 WASN'T the key issue at the time. #1 and #0 were more highly sought after as they had lower print runs. In addition, overstreet for many many years actually listed the bright red version of #1 as the first appearance of usagi, which is just plain wrong. There is a Stan Sakai rabbit story in #1 but it's a completely different character - nilsson groundthumper (and hermy).

#2 didn't start becoming as prized until years later when Usagi's fan base had solidified.

First Usagi in color I believe:

462902-doomsdaysquad3-fsm.jpg

462902-doomsdaysquad3-fsm.jpg.89c08d198de9923f186638ab0e7e229b.jpg

That description of his was stolen from my auction. Those were some of my exact words. Scammer alert crimson!!!!

Besides, there's only one 9.8. And the guy who won it had plenty of feedback. He's not going to create a zero feedback account solely for the purposes of selling it - makes no sense.

Some guy keeps creating accounts and keeps listing that book along with a lot of other stuff. eBay has been cancelling all his other accounts usually on the same day so I don't know why this person keeps trying! confused-smiley-013.gif

Bronty;

Just reading Doug Sulipa's market report in the new OS guide. Any truth to his report that the Barry Blair B&W books are starting to warm up a bit. He claims that the Elflord #1 (published by Nightwynd) is going for over $200.

Just wondering since I believe that I have an oversize comic called Windblade or something like that which was published by the same company. Just curious to see if it's worth my while to look for it.

BTW. Used to hate Sulipa's report since it seem to go on forever. Now I look forward to it since it goes into a lot more detail and covers books which nobody else seems to cover. thumbsup2.gif

Who said I had no interest? I asked a genuine question & you jump all over me? What have I done to deserve this??? Go to your LCS & ask everyone who Usaji Yojinbo is. How many will know?

Sorry man, I had had a rough day. sorry.gif

Bronty;

Just reading Doug Sulipa's market report in the new OS guide. Any truth to his report that the Barry Blair B&W books are starting to warm up a bit. He claims that the Elflord #1 (published by Nightwynd) is going for over $200.

Just wondering since I believe that I have an oversize comic called Windblade or something like that which was published by the same company. Just curious to see if it's worth my while to look for it.

BTW. Used to hate Sulipa's report since it seem to go on forever. Now I look forward to it since it goes into a lot more detail and covers books which nobody else seems to cover. thumbsup2.gif

I haven't noticed any such jump, but it could be happening, I'm not sure. It can be tough to guage at times with low print run books because you don't see many sales. I know exactly the Windblade book you're talking about, I have one myself and it is fabulous!!! I love that book.

Sorry I can't be of more immediate help but as much as I like some of Blair's stuff I haven't kept completely abreast of the market for it. The later stuff sells for next to nothing and the really early stuff is next to impossible to find sales for, so it's a tough market to track.

Dan

Hi, I don't know if you remember me but I bought the 9.8 Albedo #2 from you a couple of years ago. A friend of mine saw these posts about it here and told me about them. FYI, the book is still in my possession and will be for the forseeable future. Also, I was sure interested to see that a 9.6 was certified and sold for what it did. I remember being shocked when I figured out that I paid 80X guide at the time, but I sure feel like it was a good purchase now! Any way, just thought I'd say hi and let you know what happened to that beautiful Albedo comic. Cheers, Bruce (aka "camden")

Hi, I don't know if you remember me but I bought the 9.8 Albedo #2 from you a couple of years ago. A friend of mine saw these posts about it here and told me about them. FYI, the book is still in my possession and will be for the forseeable future. Also, I was sure interested to see that a 9.6 was certified and sold for what it did. I remember being shocked when I figured out that I paid 80X guide at the time, but I sure feel like it was a good purchase now! Any way, just thought I'd say hi and let you know what happened to that beautiful Albedo comic. Cheers, Bruce (aka "camden")

Hey Bruce! Sure I remember you, thanks again for the purchase. What did the 9.6 sell for? (I didn't happen to see it). Glad it worked out for both of us - I knew the 9.8 selling when it did would go "low" (since it was a record price at the time with really no comparable grades available then, and since the market on the book had really only heated up in the last few years), but I was happy with the decision as I had other uses for the cash. So you made a good purchase, I made money on the book, the person I bought it from made money, everybody's happy. Glad to hear you're holding onto it for a while and congrats (sounds like the 9.6 went for a lot?) sumo.gifcheers, Dan

Hey Bruce! Sure I remember you, thanks again for the purchase. What did the 9.6 sell for? (I didn't happen to see it). Glad it worked out for both of us - I knew the 9.8 selling when it did would go "low" (since it was a record price at the time with really no comparable grades available then, and since the market on the book had really only heated up in the last few years), but I was happy with the decision as I had other uses for the cash. So you made a good purchase, I made money on the book, the person I bought it from made money, everybody's happy. Glad to hear you're holding onto it for a while and congrats (sounds like the 9.6 went for a lot?) sumo.gifcheers, Dan

Dan,

gossip.gif The 9.6 went for $2,275 to Serpi on eBay.

Dan,

gossip.gif The 9.6 went for $2,275 to Serpi on eBay.

I still can't get over that result.