• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone go to the DF party?

38 posts in this topic

After reading your reports I regret not being able to make it.

I'm already upset that I won't be able to go to Pittsburgh next weekend (I have to finish moving).

I look forward to seeing you guys in May at Wizard World Philly.

Kev

*BUMP* So that Dave doesn't forget to email me the pics. grin.gif

email-she-male.....

Dave promised to post them on the boards sign-rantpost.gif

makepoint.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I don't have to send the surprise gift, you know. And it is very cool. cool.gif

*BUMP* So that Dave doesn't forget to email me the pics. grin.gif

email-she-male.....

Dave promised to post them on the boards sign-rantpost.gif

makepoint.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I don't have to send the surprise gift, you know. And it is very cool. cool.gif

Damn it...I thought you'd sent it already...

man this is a tough one...what to do, what to do 893frustrated.gif

Here's something to start with - I sent a bunch of pics to Redhook who can hopefully help me out with hosting and posting some more pics from the last Big Apple / Heritage / DF Fan Fest.

Chris - this one's for you! thumbsup2.gif

463778-Chrisco%20and%20Risso%20low%20res.jpg

589a8c5fe6eaf_463778-ChriscoandRissolowres.jpg.1558a1604c76561c05e86313a0f4bfbb.jpg

This was a really fun weekend. I sat with Mark Millar and JG Jones and his wife for awhile. All great people. They all seemed positive about coming to Toronto eventually. I had a great time with Brian Azzarello. We hung out and talked baseball at the bar and then played poker for a few hours. Great sense of humor. I think he also coined a great phrase about CGC which will catch on very quickly. You'll have to ask Paul for more details.

Thanks to Nick for putting on a great show and great time.

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

I had a great time. Many thanks to Brian, David, Chris and Pete for all the help they gave me during the show. Thanks guys!

Well, David & Brian already gave an account of Saturday, so I will give an account of Sunday. I had pictures to post, I'll do that tonight. But 1st I wanted to write some small tid-bits about Saturday.

Anyone ever hear of Andy Macdonald? He is the artist for a new Image book called NYC Mech. I bought a piece of art from him that is really great. The guy has skill. It was great to meet him.

Azzarello, Johnson and Risso signed a Batman 620 promo poster "To Slab-" for our encapsulation room. That was cool.

I got to hang for a while with another one of my friends that we never get to kick back and talk about our lives, JC Vaughn. Jeff showed me some beautiful thumb nails to a romance comic that he is going to publish and the preview tear-sheets of 24: One shot that he wrote. They both are "Tight." (a new saying a la DAM60) grin.gif

And, I am not going to mention anything about the Karaoke late Saturday night in the hotel bar...

Okay, on to Sunday.

Pete and I picked Brian up at his house and Brian guided us to Fat Jacks Comicrypt. A very nice clean comic shop. The people were great. I highly recommend stopping by if you are ever in Philly. Hari Naidu (another forum member) stopped by for a while and talked with us. He's a great guy, very knowledgeable and already ready to share his experiences.

Chuck Austen, Dave Johnson, Eduardo Risso and Brian Azzarello were on hand to sign & sketch for the small crowd of about 30. Brian (foolkiller) was kind enough to get a Joker sketch for me from Risso. Chris could have parked his butt in front of Risso for the whole 2 hrs without a problem. grin.gif

My personal highlight is Sunday night. Not only did the Flyers win ( 893applaud-thumb.gif ) but Peter and I hung out at the bar talking baseball with Azzarello. Then we played poker with Nick Barrucci (Dynamic Forces CEO), Will Dennis (Vertigo Editor), Brian Azzarello & Charles Brownstein (CBLDF Director). I was up money early, but ended up breaking even. confused-smiley-013.gif Eduardo and Chuck hung out for a little bit before calling it a night.

I had a blast. Thanks again to Pete, Brian, David and Chris for all the help. And oh, that phrase Azarello used for CGC... if I have my way, it will be in an Ad soon... devil.gif

Okay, here are the pix Dave sent to me to post.....a couple from the Big Apple at the beginning of the month, and then some shots from DF.

First pic: I swore I would never pose with a comic book, but I had a couple of beers and Dave talked me into it. Avengers from Blazing, Charlton from Ted at Superworld. (Ok, I would pose sober with a comic, but only if it was a Buzzy 70.)

dam01redhook.jpg

Next: You are looking at a picture of comic culture history. Joe Simon.

dam02joesimon.jpg

Next: First time I met these two gents from CGC, Scott and Harshen. Straight up and professional, my confidence in the CGC staff is high.

dam03scottharshen.jpg

Next: Nice shot of a sign, Dave! 27_laughing.gif

dam04heritagesign.jpg

Next: Gene with his friend, the sign.

dam05geneatheritage.jpg

Pix from DF:

Next: Damn, Dave, what's with you and signs?

dam11wherestheparty.jpg

Next: Anyone notice how risso looks like vincent on massive amounts of designer steroids?

dam06chriscorisso.jpg

Next: Got enough bubble wrap there, Brian?

dam07brianbubblewrap.jpg

Next: The Crew. Left to right: Plitch, Chrisco, Foolkiller, Dam60 and Peter Dixon from Paradise Comics.

dam08satnightdrinks.jpg

Next: Litch makes an appearance

dam09rissonchrislitch.jpg

Next: plitch packin'

dam10paultape.jpg

Here is an article from Comic book conventions.com about the show:

http://www.simplyjd.com/articles/df2004.shtml

Great article!!! I love that pic of Joe Q. When he walked in there it looked like he had walked all the way from NYC to the show!

Thanks for hosting those pics for me Brad! smile.gifflowerred.gifthumbsup2.gif

(btw - that's the sign for the Heritage Signature Auction in NY. What can I say? I like signs? insane.gif)