• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephen Segovia Sketch Opportunity! Limited to 11 spots!

623 posts in this topic

I hate myself for missing this opp :frustrated: Fantastic piece!

Don't be too hard on yourself. You had like a two minute window, as in, literally it sold out in two minutes.

I should have made it, had it not been for the time zone maybe I would... next time I'll be ready to snipe my spot lol but seriously round 2 pretty please :foryou:

Those covers don't take copics well.

Better to use colored pencils than no color at all.

USArmyPara---I'm not sure of the medium, I'll ask Stephen

But thank you Adonis, you brought up a really good point hm

Would anyone color a Finch sketch? Why or why not? I'm not derailing but I always wanted to ask that question and get other peoples opinions/feedback

yea my first sketch ever was a djurdjevic sketch that Alex Sinclair colored in 2009 at NYCC... Did that already but thanks

my point is....I won't get the Finch colored. I think it takes away from all the time and effort he put in to the heavy pencil detail. I'd leave it as is

don't get me wrong, color sketches are amazing. They pop out and look really nice. But if an artist spent hours drawing lines and details, I want to appreciate that as well. Just my humble 2c

Those covers don't take copics well.

Better to use colored pencils than no color at all.

Oh it wasn't a complain, I was actually pleasantly surprised. I was expecting no color at all. I'm just wondering what medium was used.

Hey Stephen saw your question and just emailed me

He wanted me to let you know he used pen, ink and copics :)

oh I totally agree! I would never get my Dex Soy sketch inked!

:headbang:

I think it depends on the style of each individual artist

Speaking of style, I think Stephens aerial view on the DoSM piece is amazing! (thumbs u

I asked Stephen about his current projects, he said his Thor: The Deviant Saga will be out this November:

stevethor1.jpg