• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAMN DIRTY APES!!!

66 posts in this topic

Great Movie Three Stars for Wetta and Andy Serkis should win his Oscar this time.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Great Movie Three Stars for Wetta and Andy Serkis should win his Oscar this time.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

+1 I didn't even realize it was the same guy...excellently portrayed!

Ape movies ranked:

1) The original Charlton Heston classic. One of the smartest, best-acted movies ever and on my top 5 island movies. Contains 3-4 best all-time movie moments.

2) Conquest....flawed, absolutely. But there's a darkness there that hurts and Roddy Mcdowell and Ricardo Montalban were fantastic. Where else can someone say the word 'slightly' and it stays with me for 30 years.....that's tough. Oscar worthy performaces from both.

3) Escape....Great fun....humorous and heart-breaking. Killer movie. Again, Roddy McDowell shines.

4) Beneath....the unwanted fight between Chuck and James Franciscus alone is worth the price of admission..

5) "Ape shall not kill ape". Eh.

6) Tim Burton's remake....Love Tim Burton. Ed Wood, Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, Mars Attacks, Nightmare B4 Christmas, etc......But this movie blew. Bad.

But I love me some ape movies.

For me, I would put Beneath as #3 pushing towards overtaking Conquest at #2. You can't beat telepathic radiation disfigured mutants living underground, worshiping an atomic doomsday bomb. Can't believe that it was rated 'G' back in the day, but I think it was. The ending scenes are very dark and gruesome.

I concur. I just came back from seeing the movie and it was great. It was one of those movies that I would call masterfully done.

+1 This movie was great. Must see.

I would say it was the best movie I've seen all summer.

..my buddy dragged me out of the theater when the credits came up (he hated the movie),...so I missed the whole epilogue,...can someone fill me in on what happened?

I concur. I just came back from seeing the movie and it was great. It was one of those movies that I would call masterfully done.

I am a huge fan of the original Heston film. One of my all-time favorites. I even sat through a marathon at the theater of all of the original movies, plus watched the TV show in the 70s.

So, I think I should be considered an "ape movie" expert.

Saw the new film today. This one was very boring. Very boring. Contrived, lacking any talent in any of the major roles, weak in every way. A MAJOR disappointment

:boo:

..my buddy dragged me out of the theater when the credits came up (he hated the movie),...so I missed the whole epilogue,...can someone fill me in on what happened?

They showed that the next door neighbor who got sneezed on by Franklin near the end was in fact a pilot who was in an airport getting ready to board a flight. The implication being that the infection will start to spread all over the world starting with him.

I am a huge fan of the original Heston film. One of my all-time favorites. I even sat through a marathon at the theater of all of the original movies, plus watched the TV show in the 70s.

Saw the new film today. This one was very boring. Very boring. Contrived, lacking any talent in any of the major roles, weak in every way. A MAJOR disappointment

Maybe it's my age but can you seriously say Charlton Heston was a good actor in Planet of the Apes. He screamed every line, was so over dramatic and was super cheesy.

They showed that the next door neighbor who got sneezed on by Franklin near the end was in fact a pilot who was in an airport getting ready to board a flight. The implication being that the infection will start to spread all over the world starting with him.

...thank you,... (thumbs u

Wow. I can't believe you can dismiss it completely. I too have seen the originals but wouldn't call myself a purist or an expert.

I thought it was the best Ape movie yet. Truly awesome. Personally, I'd put this one far ahead of Captain America and I really liked Cap. Might be the best film of the summer for me.

Bill, Rise of the Planet of the Apes was screening in theater four. Pretty sure you were in theater five watching The Change Up, which would admittedly make for a poor prequel to Planet of the Apes.

It's interesting how opinions can vary in both extremes. I for one thought this movie was fantastic. Strong -script and direction. Not a single scene seemed pointless and the CGI was superbly employed - not your standard gratuitous usage.

I actually have nothing negative to say about it, and I'm an extremely critical and cynical person. In fact, I'd rate this 9 out of 10. It's been a VERY long time since I've seen a popcorn movie that took both itself and its audience seriously and managed to be entertaining from start to finish.

I'm sorry you hated it. I actually thought it was more enjoyable than the originals, but of course, this never would have been without those classics.

Like alot of you I am a huge ape fan. I loved this movie. Personally I liked Capt America, X-Men and Thor, but liked this movie more. The -script was just tight and well done.

Wow. I can't believe you can dismiss it completely. I too have seen the originals but wouldn't call myself a purist or an expert.

I thought it was the best Ape movie yet. Truly awesome. Personally, I'd put this one far ahead of Captain America and I really liked Cap. Might be the best film of the summer for me.

I'm typically very easy to please with movies, especially science fiction and super-hero movies. I was really hoping this would be good.

It wasn't.

It wasn't Green Hornet bad, but it was not nearly as good as Cap, GL, XMFC or Thor. None of those were great films, but Rise was much, much less than great.