• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going to my first big Con

45 posts in this topic

Probably one of the best con reports I will ever read. Such a humble human being, and love how you speak of your wife. She is lucky to have someone who just thinks the world of her.

Glad you enjoyed the convention. And glad the story was an overall positive experience for you and the wife.

Pat

Thanks for the kind words Pat.

One thing I didn't mention in the report that I had meant to was how incredibly impressed I was with how friendly and hospitable all the artists in artist alley were. As my wife and I were perusing the tables, I would say well over half of the artists made eye contact with us, said hello or asked how we were doing. It was something I hadn't expected.

Bring your own snacks in!! And once you eat it and throw your bottles, you pack will lighten and you can stuff it with your loot.

I will second the recommendation about doing a quick walk-through of the entire floor making notes of where you want to go back, better make a physical note on your show floor plan (can't tell you how many times I've said: I'll go back to that booth ... and never found it again lol ); esp. if you are looking for trades. Some deals are good but then around the corner the deals are better.

Have fun!!!

The reason you can't find those tables again is that they were probably temporal anomalies that spring forth briefly at rare dimensional crossroads. Supposedly if you buy something at one of them, you will not be able to return to your own frequency until you sell the book. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u