• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hey..is this really an 8.0 for Bronze?

14 posts in this topic

Soft corner lower right, edge wear bottom left, stress cracks top staple and probably has a few things we don't notice like maybe perhaps some cover gloss wear? My guess it looks better in the scan than it would in real life. It's a nice 8.0, though from what I can see. I'd trust the grade but I recently saw a 9.4 Hulk 181 on e-bay that looked worse than this one. Still think it's up for auction if a few of you guys want to check it out.

It may be a cumulative thing. Overall the book looks really nice but there are some small color breaking creaes at the staples (especialy top one), a few slight color breaks along the spine, a bit of a crunch with color break at top left corner, a much more noticeable color breaking crunch middlish top edge, slightly rounded corner with a diagonal color break top right corner and slight corner ding bottom right corner. I think the accumulation of these may account for the grade. But eye appeal is quite nice.

But eye appeal is quite nice.

No it's not.

The book is ugly.

shocked.gif

Hey! Rotate on my Black and Decker variable speed drill. I say the book has eye appeal that is quite nice. OK? Huh? Dagnabbit! tongue.gif

Don't make me loosen the wheels on your chair, old man.

I say it's ugly. You should say it's ugly too. sumo.gif

That way, these nice people won't be bidding on this *ugly* book.

gossip.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Oh - in light of your posts have taken another look. The book really IS pretty bad. Lots of spine creases and crunches, some white spine showing - man - this is one book I'd call Fido!

PS - was that ok? crazy.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Oh - in light of your posts have taken another look. The book really IS pretty bad. Lots of spine creases and crunches, some white spine showing - man - this is one book I'd call Fido!

foreheadslap.gif

foreheadslap.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Errr - not subtle enough? frown.gif

Yes, Bronze books are graded tight, and MAYBE a touch more on the tightness than Golden/Silver age books.

The 8.0 looks ok with me. I tend to slightly UNDERGRADE my comics to keep everyone happy.

CAL

thanx. Im looking over my supposedly NM Bronze stuff lately, and from the scan I would have given my copy a 8.5 or even a 9.0. Which is frustrating cause Im trying to honestly regrade all my books and kep coming across lots of shiny sharp copies that on closer inspection have small cumulative stuff wrong with them...and cant get a grasp on just how low they actually get graded.... They have tremendous eye appeal....with flaws. Disappointing!

I just hit the look closer button (I thought the original scale was the biggest view) and now I see that every corner has issues, plus the staple pulls. etc. Yeah. I can see that knocks it down to at most 8.0. Go for it Dice...still looks real good!