• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kudos to ebayer - Midpacific2002- someone reliable out there in ebay land

162 posts in this topic

Looks like you stepped in it, Grinny.

:popcorn:

I have always gotten the impression that you are a big proponent of the protection afforded the buyer by eBay, so I fail to see a reason for your enthusiasm.

Actually, I have a good idea for the reason, but am rather disappointed because I usually appreciate your factual analysis of a topic.

In Grinny's defense...

Hey, Mark...I see a JIM #83 listing that ended without a sale. Did you buy the book off eBay?

I am glad to hear about a good eBay seller.

However, there is little reason to ask a seller to jump through such hoops, that have nothing to do with the product itself, when all it takes is to send the item back if you are not satisfied.

Yeah because that mentality always works out great. meh

On Mark's part it was great for him to know the seller was as serious( and legit) as was his intent for buying it.

Of course it was!

Since he didn't actually buy it on eBay.

What's your point?

Really?

Because he had no ebay protection. He would have needed a lot more reassurance that he would get what he was paying for.

Looks like you stepped in it, Grinny.

I have always gotten the impression that you are a big proponent of the protection afforded the buyer by eBay, so I fail to see a reason for your enthusiasm.

Actually, I have a good idea for the reason, but am rather disappointed because I usually appreciate your factual analysis of a topic.

Oh, my comment had nothing whatsoever to do with eBay buyer protection or this transaction.

(thumbs u

In Grinny's defense...

Hey, Mark...I see a JIM #83 listing that ended without a sale. Did you buy the book off eBay?

It was bought off eBay. :fear: I guess that never occurs.... meh

I realize that takes away the so called "ebay protection" but we all know that a load of horse poo.

Even if we did the deal through ebay I would done the same investigating with the seller. I don't send over a grand to anyone who won't talk on the phone or give references. Ebay ratings and feeback means nothing to me as we all know how some unscrupulous sellers have great feedback.

I paid through paypal and AMEX so I was protected anyway but who needs such hassles? I wanted to do my best to avoid being sold an empty box.

Honestly, this comes off to me as someone having a problem with you from previous threads Mark so they took this to point out what a "needy", whiny, etc buyer you are :eyeroll:

I've seen a million threads where someone just bought a big ticket book off eBay without doing what you did and then get toasted for NOT doing due diligence. Nothing wrong whatsoever with what you did. I dont know what you paid but by gpa, it was most likely WELL over 1k.

Asking for a phone call and a few references before sending someone that kind of money with all the scammers there are out there is fine by me. If i was selling a book that pricey and someone asked for the same things you did, i'd have zero problem doing it to get the 1k sale (thumbs u

Honestly, this comes off to me as someone having a problem with you from previous threads Mark so they took this to point out what a "needy", whiny, etc buyer you are :eyeroll:

I have no problem with Mark, so no reason to project.

I've seen a million threads where someone just bought a big ticket book off eBay without doing what you did and then get toasted for NOT doing due diligence. Nothing wrong whatsoever with what you did. I dont know what you paid but by gpa, it was most likely WELL over 1k.

Show me 3 or 4 since the implementation of the buyer protection program that was not resolved by the proper return of the product. Whereas there have probably been several here on the boards.

In Grinny's defense...

I realize that takes away the so called "ebay protection" but we all know that a load of horse poo.

Even if we did the deal through ebay I would done the same investigating with the seller. I don't send over a grand to anyone who won't talk on the phone or give references. Ebay ratings and feeback means nothing to me as we all know how some unscrupulous sellers have great feedback.

I paid through paypal and AMEX so I was protected anyway but who needs such hassles? I wanted to do my best to avoid being sold an empty box.

What is your ebay id so I can block you. Stop wasting sellers time.

In Grinny's defense...

Please block me as you clearly are a fool.

Guitarsmarco1

:hi:

In Grinny's defense...

Guitarsmarco1

Only fool is a grown man getting off his jollies, BOY!

In Grinny's defense...

Seriously, a LOT of comic dealers are just a different breed :eyeroll:

"wasting sellers time"?!? Apparently the seller had no problem with what Mark did and now he has a wad of Marks money and Mark has a book he's been wanting. Everyones happy so why are your panties in a twist?!?

A phone call for some references before sending out like $1200 is "wasting a sellers time"?!? If you dont have the time or desire to make a 5 minute phone call to get a $1200 or so sale, i dont want to do business with you (thumbs u

Go ahead and block me also "sufunk15" ;)

Show me 3 or 4 since the implementation of the buyer protection program that was not resolved by the proper return of the product. Whereas there have probably been several here on the boards.

First, the needy comment came from a previous thread I posted in and i'm not sure it was you who said it grinin and don't really care to search. If you feel i'm needy to ask for references and talk on the phone a few min when sending over $1,000 then so be it. :sumo: You are entitled to your completely misguided opinion.

As for buyer protection...I've seem so much dishonesty come from eBay sales that no protection plan will satisfy my need to ensure the seller in legit.

On a different topic...If it is perceived as bad form to buy away from ebay when the original item was listed on eBay...I can see where some can feel that way.

Regardless of all this nonsense, the seller was trustworthy and I wanted to share with those that actually buy pricey SA comics.

In Grinny's defense...

Guitarsmarco1

Only fool is a grown man getting off his jollies, BOY!

Ok shilly shillenstein

I will obey this rule...

:troll:

First, the needy comment came from a previous thread I posted in and i'm not sure it was you who said it grinin and don't really care to search.

Here it is.

I thought you were busy eating popcorn....

Thanks...it wasn't grinin.

First, the needy comment came from a previous thread I posted in and i'm not sure it was you who said it grinin and don't really care to search.

Here it is.

I thought you were busy eating popcorn....

Thanks...it wasn't grinin.

I multi-task.

First, the needy comment came from a previous thread I posted in and i'm not sure it was you who said it grinin and don't really care to search. If you feel i'm needy to ask for references and talk on the phone a few min when sending over $1,000 then so be it. :sumo: You are entitled to your completely misguided opinion.

As for buyer protection...I've seem so much dishonesty come from eBay sales that no protection plan will satisfy my need to ensure the seller in legit.

On a different topic...If it is perceived as bad form to buy away from ebay when the original item was listed on eBay...I can see where some can feel that way.

Regardless of all this nonsense, the seller was trustworthy and I wanted to share with those that actually buy pricey SA comics.

Seems to me, regardless if you agree/disagree on how the book was bought (on ebay/off ebay), Mark 1 was only TRYING TO INFORM us of an HONEST seller who will follow thru with the deal and make the buyer happy for an expensive purchase! I'm for all finding out good trustworthy sellers out there. Looks like we can add this one to the "good" list.

I don't see what the big deal is trying to get a warm and fuzzy from an unknown seller(at the time) for an expensive book.

I would have no problem with a potential buyers calling me up/emailing me on an expensive item(heck for any item) and asking me questions in order to feel at ease buying from me. Just my 2c