• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kudos to ebayer - Midpacific2002- someone reliable out there in ebay land

162 posts in this topic

First, the needy comment came from a previous thread I posted in and i'm not sure it was you who said it grinin and don't really care to search.

Here it is.

I thought you were busy eating popcorn....

Thanks...it wasn't grinin.

Wow, maybe that was why RMA was saying I stepped in it. Completely different than what I was thinking.

In Grinny's defense...

Hey, Mark...I see a JIM #83 listing that ended without a sale. Did you buy the book off eBay?

:popcorn:

It was bought off eBay. :fear: I guess that never occurs.... meh

I realize that takes away the so called "ebay protection" but we all know that a load of horse poo.

Even if we did the deal through ebay I would done the same investigating with the seller. I don't send over a grand to anyone who won't talk on the phone or give references. Ebay ratings and feeback means nothing to me as we all know how some unscrupulous sellers have great feedback.

I paid through paypal and AMEX so I was protected anyway but who needs such hassles? I wanted to do my best to avoid being sold an empty box.

Because you are an accessory to robbing eBay of its legal right to fees.

Once the item is listed on eBay, the seller agrees to not sell it outside of eBay while the listing is active. That is how eBay pays its bills. That is why people are willing to list on eBay. It is a worldwide market. The fees are for the exposure.

You would not have found this seller otherwise.

Yes, yes, I can hear the cries now: "eBay has enough money!" "Oh, come on, it was just ONE thing." "eBay deserves it."

(thumbs u

On a different topic...If it is perceived as bad form to buy away from ebay when the original item was listed on eBay...I can see where some can feel that way.

It's not just bad form. It's theft. eBay had a right to a large chunk of fees from that seller that they did not pay. It's a substantial chunk, too. Without doing the math, somewhere near $85.

Honestly, this comes off to me as someone having a problem with you from previous threads Mark so they took this to point out what a "needy", whiny, etc buyer you are :eyeroll:

I have no problem with Mark, so no reason to project.

I've seen a million threads where someone just bought a big ticket book off eBay without doing what you did and then get toasted for NOT doing due diligence. Nothing wrong whatsoever with what you did. I dont know what you paid but by gpa, it was most likely WELL over 1k.

Show me 3 or 4 since the implementation of the buyer protection program that was not resolved by the proper return of the product. Whereas there have probably been several here on the boards.

First, the needy comment came from a previous thread I posted in and i'm not sure it was you who said it grinin and don't really care to search. If you feel i'm needy to ask for references and talk on the phone a few min when sending over $1,000 then so be it. :sumo: You are entitled to your completely misguided opinion.

As for buyer protection...I've seem so much dishonesty come from eBay sales that no protection plan will satisfy my need to ensure the seller in legit.

On a different topic...If it is perceived as bad form to buy away from ebay when the original item was listed on eBay...I can see where some can feel that way.

Regardless of all this nonsense, the seller was trustworthy and I wanted to share with those that actually buy pricey SA comics.

Seems to me, regardless if you agree/disagree on how the book was bought (on ebay/off ebay), Mark 1 was only TRYING TO INFORM us of an HONEST seller who will follow thru with the deal and make the buyer happy for an expensive purchase! I'm for all finding out good trustworthy sellers out there. Looks like we can add this one to the "good" list.

I don't see what the big deal is trying to get a warm and fuzzy from an unknown seller(at the time) for an expensive book.

I would have no problem with a potential buyers calling me up/emailing me on an expensive item(heck for any item) and asking me questions in order to feel at ease buying from me. Just my 2c

An "honest" seller who cheated ebay out of its Final Value Fees.

;)

First, the needy comment came from a previous thread I posted in and i'm not sure it was you who said it grinin and don't really care to search.

Here it is.

Wow, maybe that was why RMA was saying I stepped in it. Completely different than what I was thinking.

Someone incorrectly reading something posted on this board...?

:o

Nooooooo....couldn't be.

:popcorn:

Because you are an accessory to robbing eBay of its legal right to fees.

You're spot on, RMA.

But I'm not sure it's relevant to the discussion here.

I think Mark is saying he would've wanted to speak with the seller and receive references whether the sale was done on eBay or not.

And I think grinin responded because he feels these steps would be unnecessary and over the top when a superbly rated seller is conducting transactions through eBay.

Guess it comes down to how much you trust eBay sellers and ratings? (shrug)

I definitely get where RMA is coming from but i cant say that i havent done buys off eBay.

I'm a pretty ethical and moral guy mostly but i really dont have a problem with doing a off eBay buy once in awhile. I've certainly given eBay enough money over the years so if a seller wants me to go off eBay to save us both a few bucks once in a while, i dont really have a problem. If thats stealing, which i guess technically it is, i can live with that.

Like i said, i get where you're coming from but you're just never going to convince the majority of people that "stealing" a little from large corporations isnt one of our god given rights as Americans lol

I wouldnt be surprised to find out that eBay actually factors that into their fees and have them slightly higher knowing that a certain percentage of listings will be done off eBay (shrug)

Like i said, i get where you're coming from but you're just never going to convince the majority of people that "stealing" a little from large corporations isnt one of our god given rights as Americans lol

I don't need to, or try to, convince anyone to do or not do anything.

My only concern is pointing it out so people who may have been acting in ignorance, and for whom stealing is never justified, will be informed.

Oh, and because this board cries so long and so hard when THEY are the victims of unethical behavior.

Otherwise, knock yourself out. I've done my duty. I only have to answer for me.

:)

Seller has sold many high dollar comics and doesn't need to be insulted by

this integer for a measly $1,200.

I'm sure you'll get a call back from Comic link or Heritage. lol

Nobody is ever insulted when it comes to making money. That's why this seller wasn't.

Do we really think that folks like DD do not have excellent communication skills and references?

Are there highly rated sellers on eBay who are scam artists? Yes

Will making them jump through the hoops that Mark wanted the seller to jump through deter them in any way? Absolutely NOT

Buyers who require this type of reassurance on eBay transactions (which this was NOT) have a lack of understanding of the risks involved in eBay transactions and how best to protect oneself from said risks.

Honestly, this comes off to me as someone having a problem with you from previous threads Mark so they took this to point out what a "needy", whiny, etc buyer you are :eyeroll:

I have no problem with Mark, so no reason to project.

I've seen a million threads where someone just bought a big ticket book off eBay without doing what you did and then get toasted for NOT doing due diligence. Nothing wrong whatsoever with what you did. I dont know what you paid but by gpa, it was most likely WELL over 1k.

Show me 3 or 4 since the implementation of the buyer protection program that was not resolved by the proper return of the product. Whereas there have probably been several here on the boards.

First, the needy comment came from a previous thread I posted in and i'm not sure it was you who said it grinin and don't really care to search. If you feel i'm needy to ask for references and talk on the phone a few min when sending over $1,000 then so be it. :sumo: You are entitled to your completely misguided opinion.

As for buyer protection...I've seem so much dishonesty come from eBay sales that no protection plan will satisfy my need to ensure the seller in legit.

Regardless of all this nonsense, the seller was trustworthy and I wanted to share with those that actually buy pricey SA comics.

Seems to me, regardless if you agree/disagree on how the book was bought (on ebay/off ebay), Mark 1 was only TRYING TO INFORM us of an HONEST seller who will follow thru with the deal and make the buyer happy for an expensive purchase! I'm for all finding out good trustworthy sellers out there. Looks like we can add this one to the "good" list.

I don't see what the big deal is trying to get a warm and fuzzy from an unknown seller(at the time) for an expensive book.

I would have no problem with a potential buyers calling me up/emailing me on an expensive item(heck for any item) and asking me questions in order to feel at ease buying from me. Just my 2c

;)

..but there are ebay options that allow the listing to be cancelled..Yes, maybe Ebay got screwed a little here but the seller sent Mark 1 the book he asked for and made him a happy buyer.

;)

..but there are ebay options that allow the listing to be cancelled..Yes, maybe Ebay got screwed a little here but the seller sent Mark 1 the book he asked for and made him a happy buyer.

And now every dill-hole with a computer who looks at the CGC boards will ask for the same treatment/savings.

I like Mark1 threads about dealers for their consistency. Each starts with a good or bad experience and ultimately goes offline when some undisclosed truth comes to the surface.

(thumbs u

*THREAD SUMMARY*

1. Midpacific2002 is an awesome seller.

2. Some eBay sellers, especially highly regarded ones, might not want to jump through extra hoops to close a deal.

But Midpacific goes the distance.

3. It's always smart to do some homework when doing deals, particularly for those off eBay.

4. It's (not at all/slightly/moderately/incredibly) unethical to do off-eBay transactions.

Everyone happy? Can we stop now? :foryou:

I've come to the conclusion whatever I post here is scrutinized to the nth degree. Clearly some people don't like me here.

I tried to post something positive but it's not good enough for some.

So be it.

I've come to the conclusion whatever I post here is scrutinized to the nth degree. Clearly some people don't like me here.

I tried to post something positive but it's not good enough for some.

So be it.

Don't take it personally, Mark. The tone and demeanor of the boards has been going downhill for a long while now. The increase in derailments, holier than thou attitudes etc. is marked. If it isn't you it will be someone else.

Here it is.

:acclaim: