• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kudos to ebayer - Midpacific2002- someone reliable out there in ebay land

162 posts in this topic

I've come to the conclusion whatever I post here is scrutinized to the nth degree. Clearly some people don't like me here.

I tried to post something positive but it's not good enough for some.

So be it.

Actually, to me it came off like you were alerting us to a decent eBay seller..., which few ever do around here, because they don't want the competition on the next round of auctions.

I've come to the conclusion whatever I post here is scrutinized to the nth degree. Clearly some people don't like me here.

So be it.

Don't take it personally, Mark. The tone and demeanor of the boards has been going downhill for a long while now. The increase in derailments, holier than thou attitudes etc. is marked. If it isn't you it will be someone else.

No, sorry, Pov, but that's a load of nonsense. There is no "holier thnn thou" anything.

You....someone who has invested a serious amount of time in the probation list for people who behave unethically....should understand that better than just about anyone here.

It has nothing to do with Mark. It has to do with alllll the little dishonest ways that people think it's ok to cheat whomever.

People come running here when someone takes advantage of them in any little way, but then are shocked when someone points out how THEY have been cheating, too...? Really?

As I said before...if someone wants to cheat eBay/Paypal/the gov't/buyers/sellers/each other, SO BE IT. There is no "holier than thou." ALL of us are guilty of something. And that still doesn't make any of it ok. I certainly sold things off eBay in the past, and I knew it was wrong, and I justified it in every way imaginable. It is precisely because I did those things that I think it's important to say something, so others don't make the same bad decisions.

But it IS going to be pointed out, and maybe those who weren't aware of it can say "Oh. I hadn't thought of that."

Otherwise...knock yourself out. Go nuts!

Like i said, i get where you're coming from but you're just never going to convince the majority of people that "stealing" a little from large corporations isnt one of our god given rights as Americans lol

I don't need to, or try to, convince anyone to do or not do anything.

My only concern is pointing it out so people who may have been acting in ignorance, and for whom stealing is never justified, will be informed.

Oh, and because this board cries so long and so hard when THEY are the victims of unethical behavior.

Otherwise, knock yourself out. I've done my duty. I only have to answer for me.

:)

Howdoya feel about Paypal Personal?? :baiting::devil:

Like i said, i get where you're coming from but you're just never going to convince the majority of people that "stealing" a little from large corporations isnt one of our god given rights as Americans lol

I don't need to, or try to, convince anyone to do or not do anything.

My only concern is pointing it out so people who may have been acting in ignorance, and for whom stealing is never justified, will be informed.

Oh, and because this board cries so long and so hard when THEY are the victims of unethical behavior.

Otherwise, knock yourself out. I've done my duty. I only have to answer for me.

:)

Howdoya feel about Paypal Personal?? :baiting::devil:

I LOVE it. ;)

Thanks for starting this thread. (thumbs u

Guitarsmarco1 blocked and Midpacific2002 blocked

Very shady business practices if you ask me.

:applause:

That's right.

So be it.

Don't take it personally, Mark. The tone and demeanor of the boards has been going downhill for a long while now. The increase in derailments, holier than thou attitudes etc. is marked. If it isn't you it will be someone else.

No, sorry, Pov, but that's a load of nonsense. There is no "holier thnn thou" anything.

You....someone who has invested a serious amount of time in the probation list for people who behave unethically....should understand that better than just about anyone here.

It has nothing to do with Mark. It has to do with alllll the little dishonest ways that people think it's ok to cheat whomever.

People come running here when someone takes advantage of them in any little way, but then are shocked when someone points out how THEY have been cheating, too...? Really?

As I said before...if someone wants to cheat eBay/Paypal/the gov't/buyers/sellers/each other, SO BE IT. There is no "holier than thou." ALL of us are guilty of something. And that still doesn't make any of it ok. I certainly sold things off eBay in the past, and I knew it was wrong, and I justified it in every way imaginable. It is precisely because I did those things that I think it's important to say something, so others don't make the same bad decisions.

But it IS going to be pointed out, and maybe those who weren't aware of it can say "Oh. I hadn't thought of that."

Otherwise...knock yourself out. Go nuts!

:hi:

Thanks for starting this thread. (thumbs u

Guitarsmarco1 blocked and Midpacific2002 blocked

Very shady business practices if you ask me.

Man! I even asked to be and no one will block me :sorry:

What's your eBay handle so I can see the monster books marks gonna be missing out on?

So be it.

I concur (thumbs u

So be it.

I concur (thumbs u

Why thank you!

So be it.

I concur (thumbs u

Why thank you!

Thanks, I appreciate it. I haven't been here long and it seems to be quite a low point on that hill. I agree 100%

So be it.

I concur (thumbs u

Why thank you!

Thanks, I appreciate it. I haven't been here long and it seems to be quite a low point on that hill. I agree 100%

Mark, don't feel like this is a low point. Celebrate the celebrity! But the holier-than-thou ones have very short attention spans and are ever seeking the next victim.

So treasure this moment, though I fear it has already passed.

So be it.

I concur (thumbs u

Why thank you!

Mark, don't feel like this is a low point. Celebrate the celebrity! But the holier-than-thou ones have very short attention spans and are ever seeking the next victim.

So treasure this moment, though I fear it has already passed.

:eyeroll:

Pov...if you're going to essentially moderate a probation list that includes punishment for people who are guilty of nothing worse than changing their minds, which is clearly not criminal, (though I agree, it's a fair standard), then how on earth can you call someone "holier-than-thou" if they point out what is actual theft?

It is entirely inconsistent.

Pov...if you're going to essentially moderate a probation list that includes punishment for people who are guilty of nothing worse than changing their minds, which is clearly not criminal, (though I agree, it's a fair standard), then how on earth can you call someone "holier-than-thou" if they point out what is actual theft?

It is entirely inconsistent.

Rock - ok seriously. I did not and do not Moderate the PL. I did not make up the rules or just add my own rules. I have no special rights in making PL decisions. I have just the same rights in determining who gets on and off the PL as every other person here.

The ONLY thing I did was do a lot of past research, deterine what the buried policies were, and consolidate them. I just provided a central point, which WAS needed, to get all of the opinions, ideas, pros and cons exposed. A Scribe as opposed to a Lawmaker. I compiled the info. Offered some polls or sought opinions for the stickier points. Simply because the PL Rules were obviously not understood by some folk. And because i had the time to dedicate to it.

But I said several times there that these were NOT my rules, I was NOT any kind of PL Official, and that I was just providing a central point or clearinghouse to help get the rules formulated.

BTW - the holier-than-thou thing is not about WHAT is being said. It is the WAY it is being said.

There are many ways to express the same idea. From kind to harsh. From understandingly pointing out a perceived error to smugly self-important. Harsh and smug are becoming more frequent when kind or constructive could be used to express the same points. THAT is what I mean by "holier-than-thou".

*** You are ignoring this user ***

Toggle the display of this post

Mark1, I use this option and I enjoy the board's so much more (thumbs u

Yes, I'm sure everyone gets it, you have people on ignore. Bully for you.

How about letting others decide for themselves, though...?

:eyeroll:

BTW - the holier-than-thou thing is not about WHAT is being said. It is the WAY it is being said.

There are many ways to express the same idea. From kind to harsh. From understandingly pointing out a perceived error to smugly self-important. Harsh and smug are becoming more frequent when kind or constructive could be used to express the same points. THAT is what I mean by "holier-than-thou".

And to that, I simply reply with this: communicating via the written word is the most difficult way to communicate.

Facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, inflection...all lost.

It has been, and continues to be, my belief that 95% of the conflict on this and any board is because people read not what is written, but what they want to read, and interject their own "tone" and "attitude" in many, many, MANY posts that don't otherwise actually exist.

So...sorry, don't agree with you there, either.

Me? I try pretty hard, and when I have a question, I ask privately before jumping to conclusions. "Um...did you mean what you said in that post...?"

But I don't succeed all the time, either. How much less the people who don't even TRY?