• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade My Superman #233 !! Thanx

44 posts in this topic

When I graded it in-hand sitting with by buddy Greg in the Artist's section (while you were looking at Mark McKenna's pages), I thought 9.4 because of the minute corner blunting UL and the almost imperceptible spine stresses. Nice looking book.

I did'nt know that was you, Nice to kinda of meet you.

Next time we'll know. thumbsup2.gif

There are actually a few posters from the area. We should all plan to meet up at one of the Radisson shows. The only one poster I've met and know I've met was gman but that was when I was first on the boards...

looks really nice. And its a Boston and theyre all really nice huh?

BUT - -can a 9.6 have ANY visable flaws, let alone a corner and two spine cracks??

I wouldnt be surprised if they all added up to 9.2. But as I say in my other thread, I dont have a tight handle on Bronze grading... but its a sweet book!!

Aman:

Grading on 9.6s can vary a bit. Here's a book of mine that got a 9.6 from CGC: http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=432772&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

Personally, I think it's a 9.2 but what do I know? insane.gif

looks really nice. And its a Boston and theyre all really nice huh?

BUT - -can a 9.6 have ANY visable flaws, let alone a corner and two spine cracks??

I wouldnt be surprised if they all added up to 9.2. But as I say in my other thread, I dont have a tight handle on Bronze grading... but its a sweet book!!

No, not everything from the Boston collection was in high grade. There were alot that I would grade in the VF-/VF range, but the majority I though were in the NM-/NM range. The DCs that I saw were extremely nice, and the Cap books were absolutily beautiful.

I'm going with the crowd here, 9.4/9.6. SWEET book, one of my favorite Adams covers. I've heard about the guy selling the Boston copies on this board, does he still have a lot of them in these kinds of grades? Anyone know if he will be at Wondercon?

Yeah he had 3 copies of this book at the Boston show. He brought 4 small boxes from the Boston collection and had alot more at his house. He is going to Wondercon, he confirmed that. I will be going to his house soon 893crossfingers-thumb.gifwith a couple of friends to go through them.

Hopefully his prices at this year's WonderCon won't be quite as insane as they were at last year's show... 3x guide for everything, slabbed or otherwise? Come on...some of the stuff was nice enough to warrant significant premiums, but not all of it, IMO...and especially not raw. Maybe he was just being lazy and didn't want to actually go through and price each book?

Or is it a trend with dealers when they find a nice "potential pedigree" to go to a few shows and ask 3-4x for raw, get a few nibbles and then drop the prices somewhat for SD Con ?