• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has Anyone ever bought from "The Cargo Hold" on Ebay?

73 posts in this topic

EDIT: Note: My issue was NOT that I haven't received it yet. It's that USPS still shows no activity, not a single scan. Others have said that happens sometimes, so cool.

I purchased two copies of The Vault on August 7th.

On August 8th they marked it "shipped" and inserted a tracking number.

Still today when I track it on the USPS site it reads:

Your Item's Status

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 10, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

On August 11th I sent them a PM through Ebay asking if they can confirm that it was dropped off and/or picked up by USPS, since they're still not showing any tracking information.

Two days later they still haven't responded. Thoughts or suggestions?

You need to relax. It hasn't even been a week. doh!

Per their listing:

$3.50 Media Mail/First Class (Estimated 2-12 Business Days) plus $0.00 each additional

(We had too many complaints from buyers on transit time even after estimated times were provided. Please understand that you agree to the estimated transit time).

Your Item's Status

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 10, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

On August 11th I sent them a PM through Ebay asking if they can confirm that it was dropped off and/or picked up by USPS, since they're still not showing any tracking information.

No offense, dude, but please don't ever buy anything from me.

Not that you'd be disappointed, but given the disposition you project on the boards, I'll just stop this problem before it happens.

Have a nice day. :foryou:

Your Item's Status

Relax...it will get there in time. 2-12 business days is about a three week calendar period.

If you can't be patient for something as simple as an ebay purchase, how can people trust you on the boards?

So here is the deal. The seller printed off the shipping label and more then likely has already shipped it.

Now the reason it doesnt show up at all yet is it hasnt been scanned at the drop off center. It might be 100 miles from where it was dropped off. I have had packages not show up for tracking for a week.

So here is the deal. The seller printed off the shipping label and more then likely has already shipped it.

Now the reason it doesnt show up at all yet is it hasnt been scanned at the drop off center. It might be 100 miles from where it was dropped off. I have had packages not show up for tracking for a week.

I once had a package arrive at my PO Box before the online tracking info was updated. lol

No offense, dude, but please don't ever buy anything from me.

Not that you'd be disappointed, but given the disposition you project on the boards, I'll just stop this problem before it happens.

Have a nice day. :foryou:

I've made three purchases for comics and I've commissioned three different artists on this forum without a single complaint, nor have I ever had a complaint from anyone on Ebay. Oh, and I've done business Joey.

But that's fine, I'm very happy not buying anything from you. :)

I just got a book delivered today and the tracking info shows the Electronic Shipping Info was received this morning, in Cal.

Tracking number

USPS

Electronic Shipping Info Received, Aug-13-11, 00:00 AM

Processed through Sort Facility, Aug-12-11, 15:32 PM, BELL GARDENS, CA, 90201

Accepted at origin sort facility, Aug-09-11, 09:55 AM, JERSEY CITY, NJ, 07097

Processed through Sort Facility, Aug-09-11, 09:55 AM, JERSEY CITY, NJ, 07097

OK, cool thank you.

As I thought was clear, my issue wasn't time of delivery, it was that USPS wasn't tracking any activity at all so I thought there might have been a mix-up.

Wait a sec..shipping was media mail????

Yeah, don't sweat it...takes forever. Not everything is a scam.

If you're worried about that, just buy your books from Bob or Superworld or Metro...

Wait a sec..shipping was media mail????

Yeah, don't sweat it...takes forever. Not everything is a scam.

If you're worried about that, just buy your books from Bob or Superworld or Metro...

Uggg... I wasn't worried about the time, nor was I worried about it being a scam as they have lots of transactions with 100% feedback.

I was worried there might have been an inadvertent mix up since the Post Office was showing zero activity on that tracking number after five days.