• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has Anyone ever bought from "The Cargo Hold" on Ebay?

73 posts in this topic

I'm going to have so much fun with you. :foryou:

Go for it. And while you're trolling and baiting I'm sure your little friends are still going to have your back. So why not?

Dice has no friends; he is a one man wolf pack!

I'm going to have so much fun with you. :foryou:

Go for it. And while you're trolling and baiting I'm sure your little friends are still going to have your back. So why not?

:eyeroll:

I purchased two copies of The Vault on August 7th.

On August 8th they marked it "shipped" and inserted a tracking number.

Still today when I track it on the USPS site it reads:

Your Item's Status

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 10, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

On August 11th I sent them a PM through Ebay asking if they can confirm that it was dropped off and/or picked up by USPS, since they're still not showing any tracking information.

Two days later they still haven't responded. Thoughts or suggestions?

No offense, dude, but please don't ever buy anything from me.

Not that you'd be disappointed, but given the disposition you project on the boards, I'll just stop this problem before it happens.

Have a nice day. :foryou:

:ohnoez:

I always call 'em first.

On August 11th I sent them a PM through Ebay asking if they can confirm that it was dropped off and/or picked up by USPS, since they're still not showing any tracking information.

Two days later they still haven't responded. Thoughts or suggestions?

What's your ebay handle?

Cargo hold is good. I've bought from them several times never with any problem.

The USPS is all over the place in regards to scanning. They are supposed to scan it when they receive it at the drop off point and then along the way. For me, it usually takes about 3-4 days to see the actual tracking scan after I've dropped the package off.

However, It's possible that it never gets scanned at all. It's even possible that it got scanned incorrectly. I dropped a package off one time and a few days later, it was scanned as "delivered" to my zip code. It turns out that it was scanned wrong, but it got delivered correctly about 2 days later.

Regardless, give it some time before bothering the seller. At least 10 days after it was shipped. The dude doesn't have time to check up on the USPS's work for a couple of $3 books that will probably arrive in a few days anyway.

Relax.

This thread confirms one thing.......

When a sentence starts with the words "No offense", someone is about to get seriously offended! :headbang:

When a sentence starts with the words "No offense", someone is about to get seriously offended! :headbang:

I love over-analyzing the power words have both written and spoken when inflection is used. Let's see what happened here:

"No offense - the usage written and spoken inherently implies that whatever follows, no matter how innocuous or subtle will always be and often does intend to be taken as offensive.

, dude, - a somewhat ambivalent word that when used can be derogatory, humorous, or affectionate. However, when following "No offense" it's always assumed to be of the derogatory form and when spoken contains greater inflection and emphasis than the word immediately preceding and following it.

but -well regardless if "no offense" was actually implied, the insertion of the coordinating conjunction as "but" pretty much negates any implied attempt at not being offensive. It actually infers that what will follow is going to be the opposite of No offense.

please - usage of a request in a bold statement is often dripping with acidic sarcasm as if DiceX has to beg ArmyParatrooper NOT to take some following action which seems polite but is actually not appropriate or necessary in the context of this sentence as will be seen below.

don't ever buy anything from me. - usage of the phrase "don't ever" is both threatening and a command statement as if an order is being given. "buy anything from me" What is being asked not to do. Ignoring the fact that DiceX could always refuse to sell should USArmyParatrooper try to buy something from him and have said it via PM, DiceX publicly and patronizingly using the word "Please" then commands USArmyParatrooper not to buy anything from him finalizes the insult. By posting it publicly instead of PM, advertises that suddenly USArmyParatrooper is not a desired buyer for him. Whether DiceX's opinion carries any weight or not is lost in the insinuation of the statement.

Not that you'd be disappointed - a bit of arrogance now being thrown into USArmyParatrooper's face as salt on the wound translates to: "I probably have some good stuff to sell you'd like to have and would not have any shipping problems from me"

but given the disposition you project on the boards, I'll just stop this problem before it happens - calls out to USArmyParatrooper a perceived defect he possesses in a "disposition" of sorts and potential "problem" are both words intending on triggering an emotional response and delivering the final insult of "you are now banned from access to being sold the good stuff I might have that you might want."

So in 2 sentences, DiceX manages to inflict injury and insult and also derail the OP thread to a flame war that was likely exacerbated by posters like me but the fault is not all on DiceX as USArmyParatrooper chose to take the bait. Rather than ignore DiceX's defamatory comments and respond to the more constructive responses (or simply respond with humor disarming the situation), he chose direct and public conflict head on thereby wasting his time but also providing entertaining discourse to the rest of us. Flame on! :flamed:

I love over-analyzing the power words have both written and spoken when inflection is used. Let's see what happened here:

"No offense - the usage written and spoken inherently implies that whatever follows, no matter how innocuous or subtle will always be and often does intend to be taken as offensive.

, dude, - a somewhat ambivalent word that when used can be derogatory, humorous, or affectionate. However, when following "No offense" it's always assumed to be of the derogatory form and when spoken contains greater inflection and emphasis than the word immediately preceding and following it.

but -well regardless if "no offense" was actually implied, the insertion of the coordinating conjunction as "but" pretty much negates any implied attempt at not being offensive. It actually infers that what will follow is going to be the opposite of No offense.

please - usage of a request in a bold statement is often dripping with acidic sarcasm as if DiceX has to beg ArmyParatrooper NOT to take some following action which seems polite but is actually not appropriate or necessary in the context of this sentence as will be seen below.

don't ever buy anything from me. - usage of the phrase "don't ever" is both threatening and a command statement as if an order is being given. "buy anything from me" What is being asked not to do. Ignoring the fact that DiceX could always refuse to sell should USArmyParatrooper try to buy something from him and have said it via PM, DiceX publicly and patronizingly using the word "Please" then commands USArmyParatrooper not to buy anything from him finalizes the insult. By posting it publicly instead of PM, advertises that suddenly USArmyParatrooper is not a desired buyer for him. Whether DiceX's opinion carries any weight or not is lost in the insinuation of the statement.

Not that you'd be disappointed - a bit of arrogance now being thrown into USArmyParatrooper's face as salt on the wound translates to: "I probably have some good stuff to sell you'd like to have and would not have any shipping problems from me"

but given the disposition you project on the boards, I'll just stop this problem before it happens - calls out to USArmyParatrooper a perceived defect he possesses in a "disposition" of sorts and potential "problem" are both words intending on triggering an emotional response and delivering the final insult of "you are now banned from access to being sold the good stuff I might have that you might want."

So in 2 sentences, DiceX manages to inflict injury and insult and also derail the OP thread to a flame war that was likely exacerbated by posters like me but the fault is not all on DiceX as USArmyParatrooper chose to take the bait. Rather than ignore DiceX's defamatory comments and respond to the more constructive responses (or simply respond with humor disarming the situation), he chose direct and public conflict head on thereby wasting his time but also providing entertaining discourse to the rest of us. Flame on! :flamed:

Always good to see such threads disinterred for further analysis. :tonofbricks: