• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your thoughts on this Hulk 181?

19 posts in this topic

No that's just lack of light. On a side note however, according to HA's strict grading scale minor foxing is allowed in an 8, am I wrong. Honestly looking at this book in person that top right corner the only considerable flaw. I guess I'll take into a local dealer I trust and see what he thinks. Don't think I want to CGC it if it would grade below a 7.5

NO WAY is that a 7.5 IMHO.

Is that a water stain at the top of the back cover?

I see enough on there that I would say 5.0-6.0 depending if

that's a water stain or not. Maybe a scan would show better???

NO WAY is that a 7.5 IMHO.

Is that a water stain at the top of the back cover?

I see enough on there that I would say 5.0-6.0 depending if

that's a water stain or not. Maybe a scan would show better???

Hard to tell with these pics,but hardly a high grade example.It's closer to Robs assessment than these 7.5-8.5 guesses.Get your scanner fixed and maybe we can actually see this book correctly.

Yeah if I could scan it could do it more justice. There is no water staining, such as the classic effects of water damage with rippling and wrinkling of paper. There is slight discoloration on back cover corner just as front but lies completely flat and smooth. I just can't tell if it's slight foxing or staining from age? Really a 5.5?

Yeah if I could scan it could do it more justice. There is no water staining, such as the classic effects of water damage with rippling and wrinkling of paper. There is slight discoloration on back cover corner just as front but lies completely flat and smooth. I just can't tell if it's slight foxing or staining from age? Really a 5.5?

I just think that the pics don't do it justice,so it's hard to grade. (shrug)

Took to two dealers and yes there is minor foxing, no water damage and they felt it looks great in person with excellent color. Both gave it an 8 but said CGC may go a bit lower but with any comic it can vary day to day. I feel a bit better now but grading is always subjective. At the end of the day I spent $600 so I cant imagine in worst case scenario I did too bad. Not planning on selling anyways.