• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transplant's WWC 2011 Trip Report

90 posts in this topic

This time I didn't almost need to finish a fight.

:baiting:

Actually, some drunk punk from the wedding party must have not liked us talking to the girls. He came around with an attitude but it didn't take much to make him back down. The funny thing is he looked like the a-hole to the girls and I looked like the mature cool guy that kept his head, but didn't back down. I should have thanked him.

The one with the pink flower was really into you. It was funny as we were watching all the action from our booth in the bar. Saw everything including your "wingman" knocking over a bottle of beer on the floor :roflmao:

She was married. Thought I had it going on with the taller brunette but turned out her boyfriend had just dumped her and was in the hotel. She was a little emotional, someone with less heart than me might have used that to his benefit. I felt bad for her.

I blame JJ . You need a better wingman!!!!!

He even took a crappie picture. :P

Funny to me is that there were always people a lot of people that just don't mind pressing. It just isn't that big of a deal. Of course, in the old debates it was only ever purely about money. That is probably largely true.

I'm not that surprised to learn about quite a few folks that once spoke venomously about the evil of pressing and CPR, who have now decided they weren't going to leave anymore money on the table and utilize the process.

I admit, pressing has never bothered me and I've made a lot of money and acquired a lot of great books by utilizing it, but at least I'm not a sell-out. So I have to give respect to the anti-pressers who hold true.

OOps, I should move this post to Tranny's thread.

:whistle:

Yeah, I thought this would be the perfect thread to pluck up with a pressing rant. At least it would give it some street cred.

It will need a lot more than that to get "street cred".

Yeah, I thought this would be the perfect thread to pluck up with a pressing rant. At least it would give it some street cred.

How about a story about a large busted girl that latched in to our group all weekend because she was shunned by her Anthony Michael Hall groupie friends because (according to her) she refused his advances. I think it was because she wasn't very attractive and sort of annoying, but I have reason to believe one or more people from the comic book world hit it.

Actually, not many of the females following AMH around were very attractive. I know because I tried to hit n the best looking one of the bunch, and up close she was pretty much fugly. Still, I failed. she left with him and seven other girls.

They did come back down the elevator 30 minutes later and headed in different directions, so really it's up in the air wether or not the dorky kid from Breakfast club and Sixteen Candles is a stud or not.

How about a story about a large busted girl that latched in to our group all weekend because she was shunned by her Anthony Michael Hall groupie friends because (according to her) she refused his advances. I think it was because she wasn't very attractive and sort of annoying, but I have reason to believe one or more people from the comic book world hit it.

Actually, not many of the females following AMH around were very attractive. I know because I tried to hit n the best looking one of the bunch, and up close she was pretty much fugly. Still, I failed. she left with him and seven other girls.

They did come back down the elevator 30 minutes later and headed in different directions, so really it's up in the air wether or not the dorky kid from Breakfast club and Sixteen Candles is a stud or not.

Is that what all those girls where there for?

:roflmao:

Sounds like a John Hughes plot.

Actually, some drunk punk from the wedding party must have not liked us talking to the girls. He came around with an attitude but it didn't take much to make him back down. The funny thing is he looked like the a-hole to the girls and I looked like the mature cool guy that kept his head, but didn't back down. I should have thanked him.

The one with the pink flower was really into you. It was funny as we were watching all the action from our booth in the bar. Saw everything including your "wingman" knocking over a bottle of beer on the floor :roflmao:

I did my part, I was to help you out and help you get in there and it worked :acclaim:

FWIW after I spilled the beer and walked back to the table I was told by no less than the two people that by her body language the prettier one was into me :whistle:

JJ

She was married. Thought I had it going on with the taller brunette but turned out her boyfriend had just dumped her and was in the hotel. She was a little emotional, someone with less heart than me might have used that to his benefit. I felt bad for her.

I blame JJ . You need a better wingman!!!!!

He even took a crappie picture. :P

I didn't realise I was supposed to be shooting a cover for Vogue, I thought the point was to introduce ourselves, if you had listened to MMehdys advice you would have been able to taken your own pictures in a more intimate setting :baiting:

JJ

Thursday night after the show at Ram. Took forever to get seated, forever to get drinks, forever to get food, but amazingly really quick to get the check.

DocWatson, GACollectibles (I just noticed the gang sign), MCMiles, cgcworld (sweet crotch shot) and his wife Barb, and Klozd24seven.

Chiacgo2011003.jpg

Also Thursday night, in the Hyatt lobby.

Hotflips' Steve(n?) and Barb

Chiacgo2011009.jpg

cgcworld and MCMiles

Chiacgo2011008.jpg

Gemma (who broke out the booze after the bar closed), SpidermanOnTilt and part of Hotflips' Jeff (talking to someone - that pic didn't load and I will include it later)

Chiacgo2011006.jpg

Saturday night at the Hyatt bar:

The aforementioned girl Hotflips's Jeff was talking to and cgcworld.

Chiacgo2011020.jpg

starting at Barb and going counter clockwise:

Barb, 1koko, VintageComics and BakerGirl, Klozd24seven and his wife Erica's head

Chiacgo2011021.jpg

After rehydrating and massive ibuprofen, a picture with my buddy 1koko on Sunday afternoon as he was headed to the airport. If the photographer were any good, he would have gotten the Suicide Girls' booth to our right in the background. Oh well, at least you can tell the guy taking the shot was tall, right?

Chiacgo2011022.jpg

I might have some more pics on my Ipad, but not much. Having trouble getting motivated to write a report. I bought about 5 cheap books onsite for myself. It was actually more fun shopping for a friend with his list.