• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drive by posting. Subject? Pressing disclosure.

45 posts in this topic

The pressing debates on disclosure certainly opened the flood gates. It is now commercial and has created a new hg market, as well as a new way for people to make money.

For my collection, I do not like pressed books. But I will gladly press books and sell them. Lots of greed in the hobby, pressing proves that. We press to make more money upon resale..

The pressing debates on disclosure certainly opened the flood gates. It is now commercial and has created a new hg market, as well as a new way for people to make money.

For my collection, I do not like pressed books. But I will gladly press books and sell them. Lots of greed in the hobby, pressing proves that. We press to make more money upon resale..

Disclosure or not, pressing would of made it to this point either way.

When pedigree collections are being sold, two months later the books are listed again .2 higher than before, people aren't oblivious especially when money is involved.

[based on a conversation I had in Chicago.]

I now believe that advocating for disclosure of pressing and public debates about pressing was a mistake. With exceptions, all it did was make everybody want to press books.

Enjoy. I won't be here most of tomorrow.

Your NOD card just burst into flames. :flamed:

You should keep up with the times since NOD hasn't existed for more than 2 years. Some might say you are a little fixated. :baiting:

The issue would have risen to the surface sooner or later. At least now the discussion is in the open and the business of pressing is there for people to see and determine how they feel about it. And disclosure is becoming far more routine.

Personally, I don't like it and won't engage in it. I view it as a form of restoration, minimal as that may be (which does not necessarily mean it has to impact the price/value). But if the community decides it is acceptable, so be it.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant, as the saying goes.

Allow me to be the first to twist your words around and say that it seems like you're advocating that collectors expose their comic books to direct sunlight. :grin::baiting:

:foryou:

I now believe that advocating for disclosure of pressing and public debates about pressing was a mistake. With exceptions, all it did was make everybody want to press books.

You should keep up with the times since NOD hasn't existed for more than 2 years. Some might say you are a little fixated. :baiting:

WTTB

As for me:

1) For my collection, I do not like pressed books and I don't want any.

2) I try to sell raw books first (because I like buying raw books as well) but when some of my most expensive raw books that I want to sell do not after a while, rather than sitting in my box, I sometimes send some of them for slabbing and I can even occasionally decide to send a few of these for pressing prior to slabbing.

3) I will always disclose pressing in my FS threads (or will say if I don't know)

Due to personal reasons, I'm going to have to stop collecting. While pressing isn't the real reason for this, it's certainly made the decision easier. Since I always wanted unrestored copies in my collection, the constant pain in the arse of trying to find ones that haven't been pressed and the regular disappointment of seeing all the books that I would've loved to have owned previous to pressing really sucked the enjoyment out of collecting.

It was a joke that wasn't directed toward you. Some might say you should mind your own business. :baiting:

Due to personal reasons, I'm going to have to stop collecting. While pressing isn't the real reason for this, it's certainly made the decision easier. Since I always wanted unrestored copies in my collection, the constant pain in the arse of trying to find ones that haven't been pressed and the regular disappointment of seeing all the books that I would've loved to have owned previous to pressing really sucked the enjoyment out of collecting.

Shouldn't you start a thread and make a formal announcement with all appropriate fanfare or will you also stop posting on the Boards; & this, then, will be your last post?

(shrug)

Shouldn't you start a thread and make a formal announcement with all appropriate fanfare or will you also stop posting on the Boards; & this, then, will be your last post?

(shrug)

I'm just not dramatic enough. :sorry:

(shrug)

I'm just not dramatic enough. :sorry:

PM Lord FLEE. Maybe he could put something together for you with appropriate panache.