• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Klozd24seven's "Better Late Than Never" WWC report

19 posts in this topic

Wednesday

Arrived at the show for setup about 1pm.  Spotted Moondog and his son Kevin at our booth, all ready for another year of sellin funnybooks! A hug and a handshake later and it was time to set up.  With a little help from my buddy Darryl and boardie buddies  Pedigreeman and Logan510, at 2:30pm we were ready to go.  

Walked around for a bit and chatted with pal and transplanted Chicagoan October.  Ran into Foolkiller, Vintage Comics, the Watcher, TopNotchman and Doc Joe.  Stopped by Dales booth to talk poker with him and Watson.  Sold some books to Rebel Mechanic(formerly known as Pirate, thanks for the biz Anthony. You can shop my back stock anytime ;) Hugs with JJ, what can I say, the man loves fellow soul-patchers! :headbang:  During one of his few brief appearances actually AT the show, shot the with Joey.  Let's just say the man is a workhorse.  If I had HALF the focus and determination as he does, I would be a VERY sucessful dealer.  

So now it's 6pm and I'm kinda wantin to leave :taptaptap:  You see, over the past 6weeks, I've been having my 1969 Pontiac GTO restored.  Tonight at 7pm, I'm taking delivery, which means I need to leave NOW.  But since my van is parked right in front of our booth, I'm jammed in between a uhaul and an Acura MDX!  After like 30 min of scouting around looking for owners of these two vehicles, I run into one of Rosemonts finest to see if he can "expedite" the situation.  5 min later and two PITA cars removed and I'm out the door!!!

After what seemed like forever, the hour drive home went smoothly and I pull into my driveway to see......  NO GOAT!!!!  WTF, where is my car?!?

Walking up to the front door, what's that I hear?  Yup, my mechanic with super sweet American muscle in tow!  After a quick inspection of my "new" ride, I carefully pull it into the garage, waiting for the day to melt the tires off.

It's now 11pm and time for some sleep, as little did I know, rest would be a very precious commodity I would not properly receive the remainder of the weekend.

To be continued...... (thumbs u

You are the Asian ninja, like the friggin Kaiser Soze of comics; "And poof, he was gone....". But alas, G-Funk is right, and just like my books, I forget where the important people are in my life. .......and then there's Greggy lol

:luhv: u man :grin:

After a quick inspection of my "new" ride, I carefully pull it into the garage, waiting for the day to melt the tires off.

Wuss; you should have woken the neighbors with a hairy burnout and shown them what to expect in the future.

:sumo:

Wednesday

Arrived at the show for setup about 1pm.  Spotted Moondog and his son Kevin at our booth, all ready for another year of sellin funnybooks! A hug and a handshake later and it was time to set up.  With a little help from my buddy Darryl and boardie buddies  Pedigreeman and Logan510, at 2:30pm we were ready to go.  

Walked around for a bit and chatted with pal and transplanted Chicagoan October.  Ran into the Watcher, TopNotchman and Doc Joe.  Stopped by Dales booth to talk poker with him and Watson.  Sold some books to Rebel Mechanic(formerly known as Pirate, thanks for the biz Anthony. You can shop my back stock anytime ;) Hugs with JJ, what can I say, the man loves fellow soul-patchers! :headbang:  During one of his few brief appearances actually AT the show, shot the with Joey.  Let's just say the man is a workhorse.  If I had HALF the focus and determination as he does, I would be a VERY sucessful dealer.  

So now it's 6pm and I'm kinda wantin to leave :taptaptap:  You see, over the past 6weeks, I've been having my 1969 Pontiac GTO restored.  Tonight at 7pm, I'm taking delivery, which means I need to leave NOW.  But since my van is parked right in front of our booth, I'm jammed in between a uhaul and an Acura MDX!  After like 30 min of scouting around looking for owners of these two vehicles, I run into one of Rosemonts finest to see if he can "expedite" the situation.  5 min later and two PITA cars removed and I'm out the door!!!

After what seemed like forever, the hour drive home went smoothly and I pull into my driveway to see......  NO GOAT!!!!  WTF, where is my car?!?

Walking up to the front door, what's that I hear?  Yup, my mechanic with super sweet American muscle in tow!  After a quick inspection of my "new" ride, I carefully pull it into the garage, waiting for the day to melt the tires off.

It's now 11pm and time for some sleep, as little did I know, rest would be a very precious commodity I would not properly receive the remainder of the weekend.

This thread is useless without car pics...

Well, let's put it this way. BEFORE I put it in the garage, I drove over to a buddys house to show off the car. When I turned the key to start it up, it set off his neighbors car alarm lol . All I could do was laugh and drive away :grin:

Wednesday

Walked around for a bit and chatted with pal and transplanted Chicagoan October.  Ran into the Watcher, TopNotchman and Doc Joe.  Stopped by Dales booth to talk poker with him and Watson.  Sold some books to Rebel Mechanic(formerly known as Pirate, thanks for the biz Anthony. You can shop my back stock anytime ;) Hugs with JJ, what can I say, the man loves fellow soul-patchers! :headbang:  During one of his few brief appearances actually AT the show, shot the with Joey.  Let's just say the man is a workhorse.  If I had HALF the focus and determination as he does, I would be a VERY sucessful dealer.  

This thread is useless without car pics...

I've seen the pics of the car...let me just say that Brad chose the PERFECT shade of pink for the exterior. It really makes his eyes POP!!

Brad, thanks for the pass to get in, he had an extra, and the sweet DD 158 you sold me!

that solves the mystery of the missing DD 158

After a quick inspection of my "new" ride, I carefully pull it into the garage, waiting for the day to melt the tires off.

Wuss; you should have woken the neighbors with a hairy burnout and shown them what to expect in the future.

:sumo:

Word. And right in the garage no less.

:sumo::sumo: