• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

End of the world, post apocolypse, and man's condition on earth future comics

67 posts in this topic

I was looking over some of my favorite comic sets and and began wondering how many different "end of the world" or "mans future survival after the nuclear war" comic story lines are there. Heres a few I know of , but would appreciate any mention of ones that might be a good read. Especially current, still on the rack types. I'd like to read some.

Some older ones I know of are....

Kamandi - Kirby's last great series.

Mr. X - Motter and the Hernandez bros followed by Seth

Judge Dredd - Wagner and Bolland

Xenozoic Tales - Mark Schultz awesomeness

and more recently Kirkmans the Walking Dead

Any other good "end of the world" reads out there I should take a look at ?

How old is that one ? I never read it

Early 1970's...done for Charlton before Byrne started working for Marvel. It's a fun read (thumbs u

Sounds interesting.... although I have an aversion to Charlton books lol. Thanks for the idea though..... I'll keep an eye out for cheap copies. Doomsday

Planet of the Apes (They are apes and they talk, what's not to like)

Axa (NSFW but a fun read)

Thx PK..... I've seen the Charlton Heston POTA a million times !! :applause:

I find it interesting how the future imagined by Wagner for Dredd is coming closer to reality everyday. hm:eek:

I was thinking the same thing during the riots. I love Dredd and the writers' twisted imaginations.

I find it interesting how the future imagined by Wagner for Dredd is coming closer to reality everyday. hm:eek:

I was thinking the same thing during the riots. I love Dredd and the writers' twisted imaginations.

Dredd has got to be one of the best reads goin from the 80's. My only complaint is the size of the lettering..... its just too small and hard to see. I think somebody messed up with that one. But the stories, and ideas are just the best !!

Dredd has got to be one of the best reads goin from the 80's. My only complaint is the size of the lettering..... its just too small and hard to see. I think somebody messed up with that one. But the stories, and ideas are just the best !!

I blame the lazy publishers who just shrink down the tabloid size pages to fit inside a comic book.

I was lucky that in the '80s my LCS got a dozen or two of the early 2000 AD mags that included the Burger Wars. From that point on, I was hooked. Bolland's art is unbelievable - even more unbelievable was that he somehow met a deadline for a weekly publication.

Deathlok was one of my favorite BA series that didn't get enough love.

deathloc.jpg

Good one Dave. I do have a set of those (thumbs u