• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much does Comiclink charge for shipping?

21 posts in this topic

I'm guessing 'a lot'. One book to USA is, I think, $15. But the good news is, you can get up to three books at that price. But I never seem to score more than one at a time. :sorry:

In their checkout, you choose your own method of shipping... fedex ground/two-day, ups, usps, etc... price varies. I've bought many books from them over the years - never noticed that their shipping was high at all...

In their checkout, you choose your own method of shipping... fedex ground/two-day, ups, usps, etc... price varies. I've bought many books from them over the years - never noticed that their shipping was high at all...

That's a deep-pocketed response :baiting:

i'll add that they do a nice job of packaging ie bubble wrapped slab submerged in shipping peanuts inside a sturdy oversized box.
I can confirm that. Great packaging :thumbsup:

I'm guessing 'a lot'. One book to USA is, I think, $15. But the good news is, you can get up to three books at that price. But I never seem to score more than one at a time. :sorry:

I'll take $15 shipping with full insurance and tracking ALL day long.

The more valuable the comic the more it costs to ship.

i.e. a Kung Fu #1 costs a hell of a lot less than a $80k AF15. Sometimes the shipping can be several hundred dollars and rightfully so. You want the thing insured and tracked.

i.e. a Kung Fu #1 costs a hell of a lot less than a $80k AF15. Sometimes the shipping can be several hundred dollars and rightfully so. You want the thing insured and tracked.

Yeah - it was a good deal for the $500 book. For the $20-50 books, you really don't need the insurance, since their packaging is so good.

Looking at some books and wondering how much they charge for shipping for one book to Canada... Can't find anything :(
It was $15 for me.

My advice is to buy more than one book with the shipping you're going to pay lol:insane:

You're right, it's like you have to find some books to go with your shipping charge.

Yeah - it was a good deal for the $500 book. For the $20-50 books, you really don't need the insurance, since their packaging is so good.

Comiclink has good packaging and I've never had a problem with them. Ebay on the other hand; well that's often a -shoot.

rantrant To Canada: June 2010 --- initially $40 Fedex for 2 slabs.

Asked ComicLink if they would send it USPS and they billed my credit card $65 without any invoicing of the increase.

When I complained, they said it was an express delivery and all express service is $65. It did take a half dozen emails over a period of one month to get my first response and it was a standard template response and a redirect to another employee.

I didn't like the fact that they billed me without an updated invoice and really didn't like the fact that they claimed that I was invoiced. I also didn't like being told that the cost had always been $65.

"Our goal at ComicLink is to ship our customers their merchandise as soon as possible. As such, this means we cannot calculate the shipping rates per address. We simply would not be able to ship the merchandise fast enough. Our rates are based on the number of items in the order, the value of the merchandise and the area we service. In the case of shipments to Canada, whether the address is in Nova Scotia or British Columbia, all express deliveries are charged the same $65 rate." [my emphasis]

"As I mentioned in my previous email, our goal is to ship merchandise to our customers as soon as possible. To try and calculate shipping costs per person is simply not possible at this point. Bear in mind our customers need to know the shipping costs before they remit payment. We would need to pack orders, weigh each one then send out to each customer the amount of shipping for their order. If you consider the number of requests we receive to then combine orders, it becomes virtually impossible to have an efficient shipping system. We also found our shipping carriers provide 'courtesy rates' which are not guaranteed and are often lower than the actual rate charged. That is why we charge shipping costs based on area and the number of books purchased. Immediately upon check out the customer knows their shipping cost."

"We do not charge different rates for Fed Ex and USPS. If a customer has 1-3 books shipping to Canada the shipping cost is $65 regardless of carrier or the province. The shipping cost is reflected when a customer checks out their order. "

This one bugged me. My invoice read $40. I told them this. See below.

"The following items that you have ordered on ComicLink.Com are still available and have been reserved for you:

SGT. FURY AND HIS HOWLING COMMANDOS #24, CGC 9.2 NM- $38

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #116, CGC 8.0 VF $111

Available SubTotal = $149

Shipping & Handling = $40[my emphasis]

Sales tax = $0

Payment Method = Visa

Buyer commission (3%) = $4.47

Total = $193.47"

I am now a Disgruntled Customer :sumo:rantrant rantrant rantrant

p.s.

The actually postage was $24. They apparently needed the extra $41 to package the comics really really well. Moral of the story -- you had better like the comics you bought because you'll need to suck up the postage and handling -- no one is listening at CL.

I've never had a problem with their shipping charges. Except when I won a low priced piece of original art for $20. The shipping on it was more then the piece of art. I paid the $20 for it and asked them to put it in another monthly auction. It then sold for $71, so I was okay with that. lol