• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CONAN the Barbarian 3D...

85 posts in this topic

We'll on BoxOfficeMojo.com it's doing a pathetic $10 million for the opening weekend on a 90 million dollar budget! lol

What a box office flop! :(

Yeah the Fright Night remake only did 8 million, but its budget was only 18 million.

So yeah Conan looks like the biggest bomb of the year. Even Green Hornet got better reviews and better boxoffice.

To me this is shocking,as I thought Conan had more fans then Green Hornet.

I thought the actors were good enough to pull it off, especially the guy playing Conan.

This movie suffered from a complete lack of story and -script. I'm constantly amazed at how Hollywood has become nothing more than a sausage factory. Nobody cares about the art of making a film anymore.

Conan could have been a good movie. It just needed a person in charge that gave a damn about it.

I did like it better than the Arnold Conan, but that's not saying much.

I thought the actors were good enough to pull it off, especially the guy playing Conan.

This movie suffered from a complete lack of story and -script. I'm constantly amazed at how Hollywood has become nothing more than a sausage factory. Nobody cares about the art of making a film anymore.

Conan could have been a good movie. It just needed a person in charge that gave a damn about it.

This coming from someone that couldn't sit throught Green Lantern :baiting:

:o

Green Lantern was a bigger piece of than Kim Kardashian.

I've seen worse Comic Book movies,and GL was not one of them 2c

It wasn't great,but It wasn't a train wreak either.

I've seen worst Comic Book movies,and GL was not one of them 2c

Maybe not, but it didn't hold my attention enough for me to make it to the end.

It sucked so hard I had an orgasm.

I've seen worst Comic Book movies,and GL was not one of them 2c

Maybe not, but it didn't hold my attention enough for me to make it to the end.

It sucked so hard I had an orgasm.

lol

+1

It was just plain horrible. I caught an afternoon showing today and there were maybe 10 people in the theater (and we're talking opening weekend in Manhattan). I guess people who saw the lame trailers were asking themselves why this movie needed to be remade. Being a huge Conan and REH fan (I read the original REH stories before I even discovered comic books), I had to see the film, but I'm not sure why anyone else was there. At the end of the film, one person started clapping, but nobody else joined in. It was just mind-numbingly awful.

Maybe because that person's suffering was finally over. hm

Procrastinator's Review

Finally saw Conan today.

Was expecting the worst.

Actually got an at best....average film.

It could have been worse.

The good.

I liked the start of the movie which was nearly identical to the Dark Horse Conan series with the birth and young Conan.

They put in the basics of Conan's character and he even looks like a heartier BWS Conan. Nice effort in some of the scenary backdrops.

The Bad

You're fed the basics and it doesn't get any farther than than.

The action is okay, but there is such a thing as too much action and not enough story.

The 3D sucks. 5 minutes into the movie and I didn't really think about the 3D effects again. But then again that is normal for most of the current 3D stuff.

If you like Conan, then the movie is sufficient diversion for a couple of hours.

If you're not a Conan fan...then the stiff dialogue(when it can be understood) and the general concept of a somewhat honorable barbarian are a waste of your time.

My kida nd I saw Conan last friday. The first scene when he is born, when his dad lifts him up, my daughter and I looked at each other and starting laughing. From that point on, I wasn't really expecting anything. And I wasn't disappointed. doh!

My kida nd I saw Conan last friday. The first scene when he is born, when his dad lifts him up, my daughter and I looked at each other and starting laughing. From that point on, I wasn't really expecting anything. And I wasn't disappointed. doh!
Smart kid.

Smart kid.

Well she does take after her father :whistle:

I'm just hoping that the 2 main actesses gets nekkid.... :shy:

Sorry dude :(

Another reason this movie is inferrior to the Ahnold flick?

I don't know what movie you guys were watching. I saw plenty of nekkid.

Smart kid.

Well she does take after her father :whistle:

lol:)

Well maybe it was the drinks but I didn't think it was as bad as many of the critics were saying. Not great by any means but it was fun mindless entertainment.

I need more than mindless entertainment. Especially when there is so much potential for rich story, character development and adventure. I won't bother to watch this one. What a shame.

Why is it Hollywood doesn't get this?

It might work out better if a film company outside of Hollywood put a Conan movie together. It won't happen, but a lower budget takes away the temptation to run a CGI-athon and forces story.

This is why I'm hopeful ''DREDD'' will be good, it was completely financed and filmed without any Hollywood busybodies meddling with the film. :wishluck:

2012 can't come soon enough for me.