• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC or CGG?!

49 posts in this topic

Are you Cybill Sheppard? Or Booger...

You know, in my research, I have discovered that Moonlighting is coming to DVD in November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cloud9.gif

Maybe they'll have as extras on the DVD, those commercials where Bruce Willis was pimping out Seagrams Golden wine Coolers 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

In light of the new revelations of the CGC/Wizard alliance and the new grading scale they will be using, I was wondering if any viewpoints in this classic debate have changed.

Finally CGG can sit back and relax while the Giant Gorilla is being pummeled for a change. ---------Sid

popcorn.gif

Yes. Make mine NEITHER. 893frustrated.gif

In light of the new revelations of the CGC/Wizard alliance and the new grading scale they will be using, I was wondering if any viewpoints in this classic debate have changed.

Finally CGG can sit back and relax while the Giant Gorilla is being pummeled for a change. ---------Sid

popcorn.gif

BassGman

Thanks for the reply.

It seems CGG is getting more and more clients everyday...that's always good to have some competition, instead of the buyers being dictated by only one supply.

Don't do it. Save your books for a time when there is an impartial and reputable grading service. CGG is not an acceptable substitute.

I might just have to send my next dozen submissions into CGG as a protest! God help me!

I tend to agree with fantasyfootballbono's perspective that if the negatives of the CGC/Wizard deal really affect your support of CGC or not... they aren't going to drive you to CGG as a viable alternative.

CGG does not benefit in any way from this - if anything they can breathe a sigh of relief and say "at least it's not us for once".

Kev

Don't do it. Save your books for a time when there is an impartial and reputable grading service. CGG is not an acceptable substitute.

I might just have to send my next dozen submissions into CGG as a protest! God help me!

I know, I know, I just said it for effect! 27_laughing.gif But I'm definitely sitting on any submissions for a while.

I tend to agree with fantasyfootballbono's perspective that if the negatives of the CGC/Wizard deal really affect your support of CGC or not... they aren't going to drive you to CGG as a viable alternative.

I wouldn't be too sure about this. I'm absolutely positive not every potential submitter reads these boards and knows CGG problems as well as we do. They very well may see the CGC/Wizard deal, say the same things we are, and try the "other" company as a result.

Jim

CGG does not benefit in any way from this - if anything they can breathe a sigh of relief and say "at least it's not us for once".

Kev

CGG Web Site Redone