• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC boards you are the best

108 posts in this topic

After surfing around on Comics Corral,St Louis boards,etc these boards are far and away the best.

If you want hostile posts and members back slapping each other try the corral.Its a big no thanks for me.

Thank you all for the many years of enjoyment you have brought me.

Dennis

After surfing around on Comics Corral,St Louis boards,etc these boards are far and away the best.

If you want hostile posts and members back slapping each other on the back try the corral.Its a big no thanks for me.

Dennis

I took a look at Comics Corral once, and it will remain just that...ONCE

CAL who believes that sometimes ONCE is enough...

Ditto

I was think the exact same thing tonight. Even on a grander scale. I remembered a post Sufunk had made today, about a thief, where he said he'd lost faith in 90% of humanity. The % is high for me too, maybe not 90% but it's high. People aint what they used to be, and you can't tell good from bad so much anymore. Everybody wants things faster, cheaper, and morals have sunk so far they should be called immorals,

The internet is place that has helped foster the newest trend of impersonality and downright baleful manners and business practices. The anonymity granted by an ip address shows us what lies in the heart of our fellow person, it often is a black cloud looking to smother friendly thoughts and punish good deeds.

This place though, stands out as the place where I have seen the best in people on a regular basis. There's a bump here and there, but still it's good times. I've bought a lot of books here, with virtually no problems. I've learned more about the hobby here than I could have learned anywhere else. I've routinely seen people help each other here for the sake of being a decent soul.

Long live the CGC boards!

1zyg3tf.jpg

I gotta say, that on this Forum, I got ripped off once, by a chap who lives in the UK. he paid for an IMSM, I sent it to him. He said it was overgraded, so I sent him a NM 9.2 copy, one that was to be sent to CGC. He said he " did not receive it". The USPS Int'l faxed me the letter, which I posted on this Forum and saved the letter j.i.c., says he DID receive the comic. A year or so later, I Paypalled him for the 1st IMSM. Did nto hear fromhim. A yearlater he refunded me and said he did that because he was angry with me about the overgraded one???

Other than that, I can't recall getting ripped off.

99% of the Boardies try hard to deliver what they are selling/trades, etc.

Oh, I have had several trades too. can't do that on the 'Bay, right???

CAL who still likes CGC

I love these boards. I took 1 look at Comic Corral + bolted as well. I'll take everyone's word on St Louis. I've made great friends here, learned so much about this hobby, been exposed to books I might never have seen otherwise, and bought + sold a vast number of books. Make mine CGC!!!!!!!!!!!! (worship) (worship) :cloud9::headbang::takeit::banana::foryou::applause:

If you want hostile posts and members back slapping each other try the corral.Its a big no thanks for me.

Dennis

Haven't you heard? The CGC boards are infested with hate-filled, breadstick armed trolls who have nothing better to do than foster hostility, form cliques, and dog pile n00bs. However, with the Caltopia at hand, there is hope. Rejoice!!

:eyeroll:

LOVE this place. :cloud9:

Dennis

Haven't you heard? The CGC boards are infested with hate-filled, breadstick armed trolls who have nothing better to do than foster hostility, form cliques, and dog pile n00bs. However, with the Caltopia at hand, there is hope. Rejoice!!

:eyeroll:

LOVE this place. :cloud9:

Not in a clique?

Dennis

??????doh!"If you want hostile posts"......theshadowknows strike - 7days

:eyeroll::boo:

I think the comics corral is for people who cant cut it here.They come over troll for a few days and back they go.

Mostly they are mess stirrers that have never invested in these boards at all.

I think there are probably a dozen or so of us that are here and there,

and just aren't gabbers like some people that have opinions on everything.

And some of us are semi-intelligent enough to know that no one really gives

a pile of dogshat for our opinions.

Sometimes silence is golden.

I think the comics corral is for people who cant cut it here.They come over troll for a few days and back they go.

^^

And I guess that is your opinion.

I never cared to go to the Corral message boards,but I went on there today out of curiosity.I never have been there before,but wanted to know what you guys are talking about.First thread I see is Iron Maniac shooting off at the mouth about how CGC is a bunch of liars and hostile.Here's a quote from that thread.

Jaybeebee wrote

I have never encountered a more hostile and unwelcoming site than the CGC forum. The basic feel I got from the place was, "If you're not one of us then don't bother posting because we will destroy you and do whatever it takes to ruin your time here". That may be a bit too broad brush a statement considering that several of our Corral members are also posters there, and I certainly don't want to insult them, or anyone for that matter. But the CGC the forum is not a friendly place and the only times I've visited the site, I've always come away wishing I hadn't.

Say what you will about PGX, I'm certainly not their promoter nor an apologist for them, but no one from PGX has ever treated me with the downright hostility that the folks at the CGC forum have.(end quote)

I think the CGC boards have been a great place to talk about comics etc.,You guys have showed me how to up my game with my collection.Even made a friend or two,and those awesome comics that you guys own are simply the tops in the comic book world.Thanks! Oh and by the way I.M. and hepcat you get from these boards what you put into it,just sayin'