• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC boards you are the best

108 posts in this topic

After surfing around on Comics Corral,St Louis boards,etc these boards are far and away the best.

If you want hostile posts and members back slapping each other try the corral.Its a big no thanks for me.

Thank you all for the many years of enjoyment you have brought me.

Dennis

Haven't you heard? The CGC boards are infested with hate-filled, breadstick armed trolls who have nothing better to do than foster hostility, form cliques, and dog pile n00bs.

Well.

That IS true.

But still, how can you not love this place?

oakman,

I have never encountered a more hostile and unwelcoming site than the CGC forum. The basic feel I got from the place was, "If you're not one of us then don't bother posting because we will destroy you and do whatever it takes to ruin your time here". That may be a bit too broad brush a statement considering that several of our Corral members are also posters there, and I certainly don't want to insult them, or anyone for that matter. But the CGC the forum is not a friendly place and the only times I've visited the site, I've always come away wishing I hadn't.

Say what you will about PGX, I'm certainly not their promoter nor an apologist for them, but no one from PGX has ever treated me with the downright hostility that the folks at the CGC forum have.

This doesn't seem like an over the top statement to me. Different people may have differing experiences, and if yours has been different that doesn't mean Jaybee's point is invalid. I've never posted at Corral so I have no comparison between the two. I've posted on many forums for a variety of different interests, coins, chess, metal detecting, etc. By comparison CGC (General) is the most cliquey, and the only forums I've seen that are more hostile are forums dedicated to politics. Interestingly I can't say the same for any of the other sections on the CGC forum, just General.

I realize by stating as much I'm probably inviting flames and insults, but such is life.

Peace

After surfing around on Comics Corral,St Louis boards,etc these boards are far and away the best.

If you want hostile posts and members back slapping each other try the corral.Its a big no thanks for me.

Thank you all for the many years of enjoyment you have brought me.

Dennis

Haven't you heard? The CGC boards are infested with hate-filled, breadstick armed trolls who have nothing better to do than foster hostility, form cliques, and dog pile n00bs.

Well.

That IS true.

But still, how can you not love this place?

Well it does have RMA (thumbs u

I never cared to go to the Corral message boards,but I went on there today out of curiosity.I never have been there before,but wanted to know what you guys are talking about.First thread I see is Iron Maniac shooting off at the mouth about how CGC is a bunch of liars and hostile.Here's a quote from that thread.

Jaybeebee wrote

I have never encountered a more hostile and unwelcoming site than the CGC forum. The basic feel I got from the place was, "If you're not one of us then don't bother posting because we will destroy you and do whatever it takes to ruin your time here". That may be a bit too broad brush a statement considering that several of our Corral members are also posters there, and I certainly don't want to insult them, or anyone for that matter. But the CGC the forum is not a friendly place and the only times I've visited the site, I've always come away wishing I hadn't.

Say what you will about PGX, I'm certainly not their promoter nor an apologist for them, but no one from PGX has ever treated me with the downright hostility that the folks at the CGC forum have.(end quote)

I think the CGC boards have been a great place to talk about comics etc.,You guys have showed me how to up my game with my collection.Even made a friend or two,and those awesome comics that you guys own are simply the tops in the comic book world.Thanks! Oh and by the way I.M. and hepcat you get from these boards what you put into it,just sayin'

I have learned so much from these boards also.From Gators knowlege about theGA market,Bang Zooms GA collection.Adam Stranges sa goodness.I could go on for hours.But I dont want to be labled a gabber.

I never cared to go to the Corral message boards,but I went on there today out of curiosity.I never have been there before,but wanted to know what you guys are talking about.First thread I see is Iron Maniac shooting off at the mouth about how CGC is a bunch of liars and hostile.Here's a quote from that thread.

Jaybeebee wrote

Say what you will about PGX, I'm certainly not their promoter nor an apologist for them, but no one from PGX has ever treated me with the downright hostility that the folks at the CGC forum have.(end quote)

I think the CGC boards have been a great place to talk about comics etc.,You guys have showed me how to up my game with my collection.Even made a friend or two,and those awesome comics that you guys own are simply the tops in the comic book world.Thanks! Oh and by the way I.M. and hepcat you get from these boards what you put into it,just sayin'

I have learned so much from these boards also.From Gators knowlege about theGA market,Bang Zooms GA collection.Adam Stranges sa goodness.I could go on for hours.But I dont want to be labled a gabber.

grabber

Nothing against any other comic chat board but this is the only place I`ve found

with a critical mass of members that post enough to keep threads popping up and

updating.

I enjoy the heck out of this forum. I lurk a lot, and I don't post a whole lot.

99.95% of the abuse here are entirely appropriate reactions to those (often newbs) who should lurk more and post less.

C'mon when you get into a forum that is new to you, kick back and get the vibe, figure out what the stupid questions are before you ask and go down in flames.

I am still a lurking, learning newb after 500 posts.

BTW, can I get GPA on a 9.0 AF15? :whee:

99.95% of the abuse here are entirely appropriate reactions to those (often newbs) who should lurk more and post less.

C'mon when you get into a forum that is new to you, kick back and get the vibe, figure out what the stupid questions are before you ask and go down in flames.

:roflmao:

:roflmao:
I've committed all of the newb mistakes, comment on price/grading in sellers forum and posting for a gpa in comics general lol. mess happens, no big deal.

Jaybeebee wrote

grabber

Nothing against any other comic chat board but this is the only place I`ve found

with a critical mass of members that post enough to keep threads popping up and

updating.

lol well played sir

+1 (thumbs u

And as another poster suggested, "silence is golden".

Sometimes, when up against far more knowledgable and experienced people, it's better to STFU!

The empty can rattles the most.

Eff that whole be silent until your learn your place submissive, class-based BS. The only stupid question is a question not asked.

I remember making catching hell because I made a post asking about market acceptability of pressing in the comic world. Yep, I got head slappers and all kinds of hell for that one. Do you know what else I got? Two PM's highly recommending Joeypost, plus a PM from Joe himself.

I probably would have never, or at least not for a long time, felt comfortable sending valuable comics off to someone I don't know to be pressed. As it turns out I had a Walking Dead 1 I bought raw that had a couple tick marks that bothered me. So I sent it to Joey and it came back in a CGC 9.8 holder, HUGE win for me.

I'm also in the process of trying to gather about 15 more comics or so to send to Joey.

Did my question offend the sensibilities of a couple natives who could have simply chose not to click on my thread? Sure. But who cares, really?

Eff that whole be silent until your learn your place submissive, class-based BS. The only stupid question is a question not asked.

I remember making catching hell because I made a post asking about market acceptability of pressing in the comic world. Yep, I got head slappers and all kinds of hell for that one. Do you know what else I got? Two PM's highly recommending Joeypost, plus a PM from Joe himself.

I probably would have never, or at least not for a long time, felt comfortable sending valuable comics off to someone I don't know to be pressed. As it turns out I had a Walking Dead 1 I bought raw that had a couple tick marks that bothered me. So I sent it to Joey and it came back in a CGC 9.8 holder, HUGE win for me.

I'm also in the process of trying to gather about 15 more comics or so to send to Joey.

Did my question offend the sensibilities of a couple natives who could have simply chose not to click on my thread? Sure. But who cares, really?

I'm somewhere in between. After about a 15 year break from collecting I discovered this really cool thing called CGC'd books and a message board that supports them. I was so jazzed that I dove right in.

And hit my head on the bottom of the pool, several times.

I lurk way more now than I did in my first 2 months an 1,400 posts :tonofbricks: I have a feeling I'm on a few "ignore" lists for my over zealous posts. Oh well. Life goes on. My lurking suggests to me that those whose lists I suspect I'm on are just too cool for me to hang around with anyway :whistle:

I've learned there are way more arguments in this hobby than there should be. I never argued with my friends about comics. Sure we had our "So-and-So is a lot stronger than What-His-Name" debates, but it NEVER lead to the levels disagreements here lead to. Jeez, guys doh! Take a pill

I've learned a lot including that NOT EVERY SINGLE BOOK should be slabbed. If not for the boards I might very well have attempted to do just that.

The fact that, barring a crisis that requires it, I don't ever plan to sell my collection. It's there for me to enjoy, to look at and fondly remember the magical places they transported me when I read them in the 60's and 70's.

Several members have been a great help in my desire to build my SA/BA issues #1-100 or 200 or early issues in cases like Thor, Cap and Hulk. I know great deals can be found on eBay, but I've found some pretty sweet deals here, far better than there.

Aaaaanyway, my point is this place :headbang:

I think the comics corral is for people who cant cut it here.They come over troll for a few days and back they go.

Mostly they are mess stirrers that have never invested in these boards at all.

I think there are probably a dozen or so of us that are here and there,

and just aren't gabbers like some people that have opinions on everything.

And some of us are semi-intelligent enough to know that no one really gives

a pile of dogshat for our opinions.

Sometimes silence is golden.

hm