• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay item listing that say "CGC" but are not CGC graded

11 posts in this topic

Hey all! I am sure this has been brought up before, but doesn't it some people (especially sellers) off that get away with saying "CGC" in the title and/or item description but the comic book is NOT CGC graded? Ebay seemed to crack down on these postings for awhile, but I have noticed that a lot of recent postings go through completion. What are we supposed to do? Let them know whenever we see one? Is it an Ebay violation? Just curious what others do on this board.

Thanks!

Peter

I think we should ask Rickdogg about this one! I'm certain he has an opinion on this little trick!

As for me, I can't stand it when I do my search "superboy cgc" and come up with jauito's million crappy Superboy's described as "Not CGCd But Nice!"

Keyword spamming is annoying as hell. Usually the newbie sellers practice it since they don't know better. I lose major respect for the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons like jauito who practice this kind of . Barginbox used to do this and had his account suspended.

Thats true. Sometimes I wonder if anyone actually works at eBay, because any time I have any kind of problem, or dispute, I get the most deafening silence from eBay. In fact they have never once responded to one of my emails...not once. And I have sent them well over 20 emails(Actually more like 7, but have 2nd and 3rd replied to them all)

eBay is great , don't get me wrong, but if you are looking for them to right any kind of wrong, or step in here and there - you're gong to the wrong place.

I listed an ASM 122 over a year and half ago, putting in the title "cgc it" or something to that effect. I got about 10 bids, raising the price up to about 75 bucks, then I get an email saying that that was "keyword spamming" and that Ebay has cancelled my auctions, cancelled my bids and refunded my listing fees...along with a "no-no" attitude from them. ---Now, that policy has fallen by the waist side. Not really sure why, but I see that type of auction all the time....This one seller lists everything "NOT CGC'D , BUT NICE"....WTF ??!!!