• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Vacations

55 posts in this topic

Already been to Florida this year. May go back in the fall/winter.

I'm going to go to Maine to visit relatives for a few days (usually in August).

Big Trip for this year is (hopefully) a European Vacation: Germany, A'dam, & Belgium.

This'll be the first time in 5 years that I haven't gone to Carribbean.

How about you left-coasters throw out some suggestions for a nice little side trip while we're out there??

Go to Tiajuana. Make sure you catch the Donkey Show! 27_laughing.gif

(Sorry! I couldn't help myself! blush.gif)

Go to Tiajuana. Make sure you catch the Donkey Show! 27_laughing.gif

What do you mean "the" Donkey show?? 27_laughing.gif

Went here last year (and threatened to crash Greggy's pad on the way and abuse his sweet, sweet DC's but couldn't work it out sumo.gif):

alaska1.jpg

alaska2.jpg

This year In June the wife and I are taking in a long weekend in the Windy City, but later this summer I've organized a small family reunion in a 4,500 square foot log cabin in the Smokies with "...Gourmet kitchen, Large covered decks, two stack stone fireplaces. Game room with pool table,air hockey table, ping pong table, foosball, card table..."

15795a.jpg

15795c.jpg

My brother's a bit of a free-spirit and we typically only see him when we go out to Denver to go skiing, but him and his wife are joining us so we're all really looking forward to it. There'll be 4 generations of us, including 5 kids 7 and under so it should be a blast!

My fiance and I are working on paying off our wedding before it happens, so no expensive vacations for us right now. Her uncle has a beach house at North Topsail Beach, NC, so we get to go there and stay for free. Our last trip there was the 3-day Easter weekend. smile.gif

My fiance and I are working on paying off our wedding before it happens, so no expensive vacations for us right now. Her uncle has a beach house at North Topsail Beach, NC, so we get to go there and stay for free. Our last trip there was the 3-day Easter weekend. smile.gif

Cool, we're going to try Topsail next time we head down to the coast ourselves so now I know where to get the inside scoop! thumbsup2.gif

We usually go to Kure Beach which is nice once you get to the southern end near Ft. Fisher, but any north of there and it's kind of a zoo...

First week of August I'm off on a week long canoe trip on the Great Lakes.

I'm going with 8 Boy Scouts from my son's Troop and 3 other adult leaders. We'll be back in the wilderness for a week taking just what we carry in with us. No phones, no interruptions, no civilization. I'm really looking forward to it. cloud9.gif

Just got back from my wife's idea of the perfect 2-day vacation for a hayfever sufferer...

Planting 110 shrubs in the ever-expanding garden of our yard.

My wife told the nursery to give us a heads-up when they were mailed. They let us know the day before arrival. So, I was up til 1 a.m for two nights making wire cages to keep the rabbits out and then up at 6 a.m. to trench, plant, mulch, water, repeat.

Today, I can barely type due to swollen hands and can't breathe due to allergen-overload and can't think because the allergy medicine has only worked to cloud my brain.

Shoot me now!

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

At the risk of being accused of arrogance, high crimes and misdemeanors by a certain guy with an unhealthy obsession with Ben Grimm for mentioning my vacations, here's what I have planned for the rest of the year (pretty tame compared to the past few years):

San Diego - July for the Comic-Con and home for the holidays in December

Amsterdam and Rotterdam, The Netherlands - Visiting for the 8th year in a row in September, this time to attend my MBA class reunion (spent a semester there as an exchange student)

La Cote d'Azur, France - Spending my 6th consecutive summer vacation there this year...probably 1 1/2 weeks in either early June or early September. Would have liked to attend the Cannes Film Festival and Monaco Grand Prix again this year, but have too much going on at work in May

Paris - Will go to a wedding there in September if I can combine it with the Holland trip