• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadman

20 posts in this topic

It didn't hurt that Neal Adams took over with issue 206.

Funny thing - I knew squat about Adams when I collected the Deadman series. Just knew I liked what I saw. That was in the 80's. And soon after switched to GA. So I come to these boards (I blush as I say this and have also blushed here in the past for saying this blush.gif) and see all this Neal Adams stuff (and when I arrived here I didn't know Neal Adams from Horace Crown). And I started to realize that some of the SA and later books I really loved the covers of were Adams' work. And I had no clue who he was. (Rudy Palais? Yeah. GA Gene Colan? Sure. Cole? Eisner? Wolverton. But of course! Adams? confused.gif) I have to say the guy's art is just incredible. Classic and individual at the same time. Really love his work. But up to a couple of years ago - just didn't know!

Goes around and comes around, I guess! smile.gif

One of my recent Green River slabs was a Strange Adventures 205 (which CGC really graded tough! - it's a nice looking book!). First appearance of Deaddy!

deadman.jpg

One of my recent Green River slabs was a Strange Adventures 205 (which CGC really graded tough! - it's a nice looking book!). First appearance of Deaddy!

deadman.jpg

Can I have it?

deadman.jpg

Sweet looking book for a 7.0. 893applaud-thumb.gif

You know the graders live in Florida.

I think they had a few hanging chads on this one.

stooges.gif