• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What I Collect is Awesome and What You Collect Sucks

185 posts in this topic

I agree with all of those things, but you forgot to mention how stupid Sig Series is.

I concur. To me it lowers the grade of the comic.

You're right. Signatures always lower the grade/value of paintings, lithographs, books... wait a minute... no... it's the opposite of that. :foryou:

If only da Vinci had scribbled his name across the front of the Mona Lisa in silver Sharpie!

It'd be worth 10x as much!

If there were 1,000 copies of the Mona Lisa printed in his lifetime and he only signed a few... yes, they would be worth 10x as much as the others.

If there were 1,000 copies of the Mona Lisa printed in his lifetime and he only signed a few... yes, they would be worth 10x as much as the others.

Or the least. Is there any other hobby besides comics where defacing the entire front of the art piece is supposed to raise the value?

Obviously, a subtle signature in the corner or back could be value increasing in your scenario.

Or the least. Is there any other hobby besides comics where defacing the entire front of the art piece is supposed to raise the value?

Obviously, a subtle signature in the corner or back could be value increasing in your scenario.

Modest signatures add value, ostentatious signatures detract. Good point.

Plus, how much fun is it to use "ostentatious" in a discussion about funny books? :whee:

I'm not an irreverant clown but I play one on the CGC boards and I approve of this thread. (thumbs u

Trying for a custom title...

Already have one. It's not as good as yours but enigmatic is the mind of Arch.

What about getting pedigrees signed, what's the concensus on that?
I think you know what the consensus (consisting of me, the only opinion that matters) is on that issue, book defiler.

The boards were also much, much better many, many, many years ago when I first joined.

Thats interesting... hm

Most of the instigators, negativity and cliques in this place have been here longer than 2008. Just sayin....

The boards were also much, much better many, many, many years ago when I first joined.

Thats interesting... hm

Most of the instigators, negativity and cliques in this place have been here longer than 2008. Just sayin....

I prefer gypsies, tramps and thieves . . .

Here's another one.

The board is full of elitist cliques. What nonsense. There are no cliques. :eyeroll: This is usually uttered by those not in a clique................

Uh, I've said too much. :blush: