• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To my East Coast comic buddies...

144 posts in this topic

I live in the city on 2nd Ave and on the 23rd floor... double whammy... fled to NJ where it's a little better.

:eek:

Snooki.jpg

She's like a hurricane.... when she comes, it's wet and wild. When she leaves, she takes your house. :grin:

This was about 4:15 pm...yesterday...My house in Norfolk,Va....

298451_1864555985421_1586645207_31515444_3704747_n.jpg

then 3 hours later...

This was about 1 hour before the tide peaked. Came within inches of coming through the doors. Pretty intense!

293187_1865212641837_1586645207_31516369_636160_n.jpg

The side of my house was a bulkhead for 3 hours..scary stuff!

309995_1865186881193_1586645207_31516318_2850880_n.jpg

I only have a pond 15 feet in front of my door, so I don't have to worry about a storm surge. Still worried about tree and tree limbs. I'm thinking of covering my picture windows with some modern slabs, they are probably stronger then plywood and actually a cheaper alternative :tonofbricks:

Those pics in VA are crazy! I made out ok here, no flooding here. My roof however started leaking the first hour in my garage. Guess thats gonna need a fixin'. Otherwise we are ok, havent read or heard from anyone else though.

I live in the city on 2nd Ave and on the 23rd floor... double whammy... fled to NJ where it's a little better.

:eek:

Snooki.jpg

Shes from Poughkeepsie. NY ya fekwadd!

Where I am, all its done is rain. Nonstop rain. There was some crazy wind here and there but nothing extreme. There's a few tiny snapped branches and a lot of leaves. That's about it. Right now, it's been declared a tropical storm and it's apparently right over us but the rain stopped. Eye of the storm, perhaps?

The news this morning has on the scene reporting in the NYC area. Flooding is everywhere.

Some of these people have a lot of work ahead of them. :eek:

Power went out for a bit last night, but I pretty much slept through it. :lol: No flooding on my street. There are some problems on Red Lion Rd which isn't far from me. Overall, I'd say things were not as bad as the newsmedia and local government were predicting.

I'm in good shape in regards to the rain, however the worst of the wind is supposedly still on it's way. I'm more concerned about the wind than the rain. I spent a lot of money taking steps to waterproof (as much as possible anyway) my basement when I renovated the house. My neighbor, an old lady, has several trees that don't look too strong swaying ominously over my house and car.