• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ridiculous Ebay Auctions!

28 posts in this topic

There might be a thread already, but here I go:

Post the dumbest/funniest/ridiculous comic-related ebay auctions you've ever seen.

I'll start...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Kenner-Super-Powers-Firestorm-AFA-20-Action-Figure-/400095762337?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2340198822403935915

fire

Here's the description:

Up for sale is the original 1985 Kenner Super Powers Firestorm Action Figure. He is 100% Complete and graded a AFA 20 by ToyGrader. The figure was found this way, and no added work has been done to it. The figure was doused with lighter fluid and lit on fire back in the 80's. For a few moments, this toy was the most perfect recreation of Firestorm in Action Figure form. Finding such a figure in this exact condition is rarer than finding one in a AFA 60, AFA 85 or AFA 110. There is only one AFA 20 Firestorm graded in the world!

Now.... Granted you can take any $15 Firestorm and make him into a AFA 20 easily. Because it is so easy to reproduce the condition of this toy from a mint a $15 toy...I have priced it as so.

Some dumbarse sent him this:

"Q: Are you Serious? Who in their right mind would pay that much for a burnt toy. Ebay should ban you from selling such a thing. This is pure nonsense."

This person either can't read, or has no sense of humor. Either way, this person should be banned from breeding.

His response is pretty good.

"I'm as a serious as a epileptic 5 legged guinea pig drunk on minute maid pink lemonade. When you skipped through my description, what didn't jump out at you that told you I was not serious? This listing was never meant to be. "

I like this guy.

I've come to realize a lot of Ebay auctions are ridiculous, as well as most 'buy it now' prices.

MOST?!?

try ALL! These ridiculous BIN's are what has made me stop looking at eBay pretty much altogether.

I mainly collect Avengers right now. One of the last issues i need between 10-100 is #48. 90 day gpa average for a 9.6 is $255 and 12 month average on 4 sales is $296 with a high of $323. Right now there are 3 BIN's on ebay, 1 for $504 and another for $500. If i wanted to pay that, i would have bought it in 2008 when it was at its all time high and even then barely hit $500. In fairness, the other 1 is for just $325 but the eye appeal on that is a little low imo, especially to pay well over gpa.

Theres also 2 9.4's for $450 and $271 when gpa 90day is $187 and 12 month average is $161 doh!

I wouldnt mind so much if they would at least accept a decent offer. I can see asking that and praying someone will pay it. But i've made above gpa offers on both the 9.6's and been rejected even though theyve been repeatedly listed for over 6 months with no takers :frustrated:

His response is pretty good.

"I'm as a serious as a epileptic 5 legged guinea pig drunk on minute maid pink lemonade. When you skipped through my description, what didn't jump out at you that told you I was not serious? This listing was never meant to be. "

I like this guy.

+1

I've come to realize a lot of Ebay auctions are ridiculous, as well as most 'buy it now' prices.

MOST?!?

try ALL! These ridiculous BIN's are what has made me stop looking at eBay pretty much altogether.

I mainly collect Avengers right now. One of the last issues i need between 10-100 is #48. 90 day gpa average for a 9.6 is $255 and 12 month average on 4 sales is $296 with a high of $323. Right now there are 3 BIN's on ebay, 1 for $504 and another for $500. If i wanted to pay that, i would have bought it in 2008 when it was at its all time high and even then barely hit $500. In fairness, the other 1 is for just $325 but the eye appeal on that is a little low imo, especially to pay well over gpa.

Theres also 2 9.4's for $450 and $271 when gpa 90day is $187 and 12 month average is $161 doh!

I wouldnt mind so much if they would at least accept a decent offer. I can see asking that and praying someone will pay it. But i've made above gpa offers on both the 9.6's and been rejected even though theyve been repeatedly listed for over 6 months with no takers :frustrated:

This is what happens with a market correction, and I think you can be expecting to see it a lot more with non-key books. Many people bought these things at inflated prices, and they refuse to take the hit.

MOST?!?

Many of the BINs in the Silver and Gold sections on ebay have been relisted countless times over a period far longer than six months.... :eek:

MOST?!?

This is what happens with a market correction, and I think you can be expecting to see it a lot more with non-key books. Many people bought these things at inflated prices, and they refuse to take the hit.

No question!

That's been one of the hardest things about finishin my Avengers run. It's almost impossible to buy them on eBay or from dealer sites because they paid ao much for them 3,4,5 years ago, they want ridiculous prices for them now. I get them at auction for about half what the dealers want.

One dealer had about 15 I wanted all in 9.4 about 6 months ago. He wanted way too much IMO and we couldn't make a deal. Since then, I've bought all 15 in clink auctions. I paid about $150 less for ALL 9.6's than he wanted for 9.4's for those 15 books! :o

MOST?!?

No question!

That's been one of the hardest things about finishin my Avengers run. It's almost impossible to buy them on eBay or from dealer sites because they paid ao much for them 3,4,5 years ago, they want ridiculous prices for them now. I get them at auction for about half what the dealers want.

One dealer had about 15 I wanted all in 9.4 about 6 months ago. He wanted way too much IMO and we couldn't make a deal. Since then, I've bought all 15 in clink auctions. I paid about $150 less for ALL 9.6's than he wanted for 9.4's for those 15 books! :o

It's not that they paid too much but thinking closer to the Avengers movie will

be able to sell at high prices.

MOST?!?

No question!

It's not that they paid too much but thinking closer to the Avengers movie will

be able to sell at high prices.

I don't think so IMO.

I look up the cert# on GPA and most of them were bought in like 2007-2008 for just about the price they are asking. Unfortunately, that's usually about double what the current GPA Numbers are now.

Maybe the movie will give them a jump, but it's wishful thinking that they'll get back to what a lot of them are asking! From their peak about 3 years ago, a lot of the issues(especially after say the 1st 20) are going for half or even 1/3 of those prices now.

It's going to have to be the greatest movie in history to get them back

to those kind of prices imo (shrug)