• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Spiderman 1

17 posts in this topic

Im just curious , I see this book go fro a lot of money on Ebay.

Red Version goes for $100-$200

White Version goe for $400-$500

Is this becasue of print run or is it just speculators ??

Im very curious. If this ahs been discused before im sorry , I did a search and couldnt find anything.

I got a copy or 2 and may put it on ebay as I cant understand how a book that came out a year ago can go fo so much money .

Reminds me of when Spiderman 1 Platinum came out and i almost paid $400 for a copy ( I didnt) and I recently got one years later for $75 and another on ebay a day ago for $80 . Atleast that book ahd a print run of I think 11,000 copys . Ultimate siderman must have been in the hundred of thousand print run.

Thank you

The book came out in Oct 2000...more than "a year ago". It is fetching high prices due to demand and enough people willing to pay over each others' high bids to obtain it. There are plenty on the census but not enough circulating to meet demand. Based on the CGC census the one to own is the USM 1 DF as it has the lowest number in 9.8 and is part of a lower limited print run than the red or the white.

Im just curious , I see this book go fro a lot of money on Ebay.

Red Version goes for $100-$200

White Version goe for $400-$500

Im very curious. If this ahs been discused before im sorry , I did a search and couldnt find anything.

I got a copy or 2 and may put it on ebay as I cant understand how a book that came out a year ago can go fo so much money .

Reminds me of when Spiderman 1 Platinum came out and i almost paid $400 for a copy ( I didnt) and I recently got one years later for $75 and another on ebay a day ago for $80 . Atleast that book ahd a print run of I think 11,000 copys . Ultimate siderman must have been in the hundred of thousand print run.

Thank you

It's just speculators.

Pure speculation, and give it time, and these puppies will be selling for pennies on the dollar.

There has NEVER been a Modern off-the-shelf comic that spiked in value, and then held that level indefinitely, and there never will be.

Just a matter of time...

Speculators. There is no way IMHO that a book that is basically a rehash of an old story can retain its value long term. When the novelty value and the 'Bendis Factor' have gone then watch the 'value' of this book plumet.

There has NEVER been a Modern off-the-shelf comic that spiked in value, and then held that level indefinitely, and there never will be.

Joe, this is a fantastic point... and it could have far-reaching implications...

You just eliminated the need for a controversy over the Wizard First program.

It's simple... don't buy them, they won't hold their value!

Well done! 893applaud-thumb.gif

(Even though I may collect Valiant, but I didn't buy them when they were NEW!) grin.gif

I wouldn't count much on a dropping price (at least a consioderable one) any time soon:

the creative team is here to stay and it's simply one of the best (and constantly for more than 4 years) selling titles. laugh.gif

This is way much more than just a metaphor of a macflarnish wanabees speculator fever, instead we have great storys and very good art. Something i didn't saw on the spider-man by macfarlane, 27_laughing.gif. grin.gif

Oh the fact that the spider-man franchise is just starting (already a third movie is being rumored) doesn't hurt either...so, you have a completly different package from the 90's horrid experience where all that mattered was foiled covers and the majority of times a steryotipe art style... wink.gif

A good time for being a fan that's all...and paying attention to what comes out can help you save some hundreds of bucks. wink.gif

Welcome

Like I have said once before...This comic *could* become a "Giant-Size X-Men #1" of the current era, if ever the Ultiverse somehow becomes the mainstream marvel universe in the future,

Eric

Like I have said once before...This comic *could* become a "Giant-Size X-Men #1" of the current era

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.

Giant Size X-Men #1: First appearance new X-Men, Storm, Colossus and Nightcrawler, Second Appearance Wolverine.

Ultimate Spider-man #1:.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

one point about the "SPiderman franchise": Right now we have had one HUUUGE film. Now the second one is coming out and it too will be big. But, in Hollywood terms, its probably downhill from there. I dont want to sound too negative, but the "public" tends to tire of franchises after a few.

Perhaps Avi Arad and his creative team will beat the jinx and keep em coming, one after another, but its unlikely. So the movie franchise isnt really going to keep the Ultimate Spidey comics line in business. You mentioned thathe creative team on Ultimate Spidey has been brilliant (I agree) and consistent for 4+ years. But here again, I think that just puts us closer to the END of the good times than an ongoing upward surge.

JC is right when he sez that no modern HOT FAD MANUFACTURED COLLECTIBLE COMIC BOOK has ever kept its early inflated values. And unless Ultimate Spidey ultimately replaces all the other Spidey books, it wont either.

Like I have said once before...This comic *could* become a "Giant-Size X-Men #1" of the current era

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.

Giant Size X-Men #1: First appearance new X-Men, Storm, Colossus and Nightcrawler, Second Appearance Wolverine.

Ultimate Spider-man #1:.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

First appearance of Uncle Ben's ponytail! confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, Im glad I could amuse you...You would probably keel over laughing if the regular Marvel Universe was replaced by the Ultimate Universe:),

Just an FYI that there is no Ultimate Universe, and instead a loosely connected series of Ultimate books that take place in their own Universe.

Look at Ultimate FF, with its kiddies, and then see Ultimate Spider-man, where Pete's father knows Reed Richards a decade before, and he was an older scientist. Or just take out Ultimate Marvel Team-up and compare the characters. foreheadslap.gif

I did hear that Joe Q was *trying* to institute continuity into the Ultimate line, but I think it's a bit late for that.

It would be ridiculous (and the death of it) if ultimate universe took over the regular one...but regarding the price balue USM doesn't really need that to at least maintain it's high prices and crazy demand (it ain't just the speculators chasing, but mostly fans who missed the boat).